Edit Style
Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

[Problem] TFCLauncher keeps getting 403 error

403 for url

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Cidvond

Cidvond

Caveman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationUSA
I keep getting

"Failed to load news. IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 403 for URL: http://terrafirmacraft.com/feed/"

when opening TFCLauncher. I have tried redownloading it and also tried a force update. both have still given me the same thing. Also if I click lock in it gives me

Failed to install TeraFirmaCraft. An unknown error occurred:
java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 403 for URL: http://terrafirmacra.../tfcfiles1.json

Any Ideas what might be going on?

Update 5/11/13
The TFCraft Launcher is working for me! Feel free to continue using the Download links if you are still have problems.

Update 5/10/13
Current work around: http://terrafirmacra...dpost__p__62717

Posted Image

Edited by Cidvond, 11 May 2013 - 07:08 AM.

Dont42Panic

Dont42Panic

Freshly Spawned

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
No idea, I'm getting the same problem. I was playing fine earlier today. I bet you it's GenerikB's fault :P He's just started a Let's Play and did an installation video, so I bet the servers are crashing. I keep getting 500 errors on the website as well. :P Good luck! If you figure it out, let us know!

Blaster

Blaster

Caveman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Same

Appel

Appel

Freshly Spawned

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Same, and yeah generikB is the reason is here, tried it earlier for a few moments but laggy as hell. Will attempt a manual install later perhaps

tyriael-soban

tyriael-soban

Wood Cutter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada.
Same issue, but the 500 errors on the forum / wiki have been ongoing for a week now.

Cidvond

Cidvond

Caveman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationUSA
I tried a whole bunch of times was able to get in once. Then my sound messed up. Thinking it was fixed I restarted my game and it is still broken.

tyriael-soban

tyriael-soban

Wood Cutter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada.
"http 403 forbidden" error means that the server is up, but its refusing to let you access its resources.
this isnt on mojangs end because, im logging into vanilla without issue.
TFC launcher has been returning a 403 error for me when attempting to retrieve the news for a few days, but it hasnt been stopping my logins till today.

Pheo

Pheo

Freshly Spawned

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm also getting the problem. i tried going to the links manually, and i got to a page with some coding on it, plain text, no 403 error. i am pretty baffled as to why im getting it, but hopefully its fixed!

sf17k

sf17k

Caveman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I hear the server is just having issues, so this should work again eventually.

Cidvond

Cidvond

Caveman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationUSA
Okay guys! For thoughts of you having withdraws like me I have put together a MultiMC pack that can run TFCraft, Not sure if anyone wants it if so just let me know and Ill post it up. But just as an update it does work if you make your own launcher using MultiMC. It looks like TFCLauncher is trying to check for updates and is unable to connect.

corman357

corman357

Freshly Spawned

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Okay guys! For thoughts of you having withdraws like me I have put together a MultiMC pack that can run TFCraft, Not sure if anyone wants it if so just let me know and Ill post it up. But just as an update it does work if you make your own launcher using MultiMC. It looks like TFCLauncher is trying to check for updates and is unable to connect.

PLEASE POST IT OH MY GOD

Cidvond

Cidvond

Caveman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationUSA
Okay guys here is the link to download the MultiMc pack that I'm using. This is JUST for the current patch and will not be updated unless it is needed for later on.

Downloads

Moved to: http://terrafirmacra...dpost__p__62717

Hope this helps!

Edited by Cidvond, 10 May 2013 - 06:04 AM.

DOTV

DOTV

Caveman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationat a computer
works for me thank you cidvond ^_^
Posted Image

Dont42Panic

Dont42Panic

Freshly Spawned

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks man! I've been having withdrawal! :P

Cidvond

Cidvond

Caveman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationUSA
Good news every one! Hot Fix 16 is out! Bad new everyone Hot Fix 16 did not fix this 403 error for me! I will release an MultiMc patch for TFC Beta Build 76 Hotfix 16 For MC v1.5.1 if requested.

RestfulMonad

RestfulMonad

Freshly Spawned

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Ran the launcher through Fiddler to see what was up and I discovered this interesting little snippet in the 403 response body:

The owner of this website (terrafirmacraft.com) has banned your access based on your browser's signature (4c68bfd7-cl-ua-20). (Ref. 1010)

As odd as this may be, all the various files needed by the launcher are still available by way of a non "Java/1.7.0_21" user agent. Changing this to some other value (such as "foob") makes everything work just fine.

In the off chance that this is somehow intended (for reasons that I can't quite guess) I'll leave it as an exercise for the reader on how to configure their user agent for the launcher. A hint - it can be done quite easily from the command line.

DOTV

DOTV

Caveman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationat a computer
interesting info will check in to in and love how we all come together to help and work together ^_^
Posted Image

erima

erima

Freshly Spawned

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
OH NOES I am on a Mac. :(

Cidvond

Cidvond

Caveman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationUSA

OH NOES I am on a Mac. :(

Sorry about that! I am mostly a PC guy my self. You have to run a .jar file is that rignt? I will see what I can draw up for the mac users reading this. Stay tuned!

erima

erima

Freshly Spawned

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Sorry about that! I am mostly a PC guy my self. You have to run a .jar file is that rignt? I will see what I can draw up for the mac users reading this. Stay tuned!

I think Mac users don't _have_ to run a Jar file but everyone (ie Mac, Windows, Linux) can. My only experience with installing mods is installing into the server.jar, which I use Windows (emulated) for. The minecraft_server.jar I can confirm works on Mac and Windows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users