Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
tyriael-soban

Failed to log in / install / load news

12 posts in this topic

Title says it all really, launcher wont load news, wont log in.

Here is the screenshot.

Posted Image

Ha-ha, and there I signed up just to start a thread with the same problem.

To expand on the problem, typing "wiki.terrafirmacraft.com" into browser returns the same page you were on. Is there even a wiki.terrafirmacraft.com site? I tried to work around this with hosts file, mapping wiki.terrafirmacraft.com to http://terrafirmacraft.com/wiki/, but no luck. Perhaps someone should try it, too, as I'm not very good with hosts file.

right now im seeing if the technic pack launcher can work around this issue, let it be known that this isnt the first time this month that the tfc launcher has f*cked up.

Ha-ha, and there I signed up just to start a thread with the same problem.

To expand on the problem, typing "wiki.terrafirmacraft.com" into browser returns the same page you were on. Is there even a wiki.terrafirmacraft.com site? I tried to work around this with hosts file, mapping wiki.terrafirmacraft.com to http://terrafirmacraft.com/wiki/, but no luck. Perhaps someone should try it, too, as I'm not very good with hosts file.

Technic pack works and, "wiki.terrafirmacraft.com" is actually the TFC "Home" or news page, you will see which one i mean if you click the button that says "home" at the top of the forums interface.

http://www.technicpack.net/download

http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/details/terrafirmacraft.1594

What is causing this error, i couldnt tell you ...

On a sidenote, i also am unsure if the pack on technic is created with legitimate permission ...

"wiki.terrafirmacraft.com" is actually the TFC "Home" or news page, you will see which one i mean if you click the button that says "home" at the top of the forums interface.

Don't know if it's just on my side, but the "Home" button yields "terrafirmacraft.com", where all the news are. There is no mention of any TFC-related pages starting with "wiki" at all if you google, too.

Don't know if it's just on my side, but the "Home" button yields "terrafirmacraft.com", where all the news are. There is no mention of any TFC-related pages starting with "wiki" at all if you google, too.

My bad, i checked the "cached copy" from google and it shows that page ... so i dunno >.<

I'm having the same problem. But I'm not sure about using a different launcher. Its very complicated to do the universal install to completely change my vanilla. Should we wait it out until its fixed, or will everyone be changing launchers? I'm not sure. I might just wait until morning, and see if a fix has come out. I'll check back in a couple hours.

On a sidenote, i also am unsure if the pack on technic is created with legitimate permission ...

It's not. 99% of the packs using Technic launcher have never asked for any permission.

Hi everyone,

I am fairly new to this mod, but I love it; that's why I was really disappointed when I just couldn't start it anymore today...

I registered on the forums to thank the developers for this mod, but also to share the solution I found for the launcher problem:

I only tested this for Windows, but there should be an equivalent solution for other OSes:

I started the launcher with a script and it seems to want to connect to "wiki.terrafirmacraft.com" which is not available anymore.

To fix this problem temporarily you can add this to you HOSTS file at

C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\HOSTS

Add this line:

74.208.131.100 wiki.terrafirmacraft.com

Make sure you remove the "read only" property of the file (if it has it, some spyware blockers put it there I think)

Also you need to start notepad (or your texteditor of choise) as an Administrator!

Then you can launch the game normally through the launcher. If it doesn't work directly, you might have to restart or allow the change you just made thought "Windows defender" (It'll pop up at the task bar).

Once the problem in the launcher has been fixed, remove the line in HOSTS again, as it permanently changes the IP your computer will talk to when it wants "wiki.terrafirmacraft.com"!

I'm off to play now and hope I could help :)

I'm Having the same problem, but on a Mac.

Hi everyone,

I am fairly new to this mod, but I love it; that's why I was really disappointed when I just couldn't start it anymore today...

I registered on the forums to thank the developers for this mod, but also to share the solution I found for the launcher problem:

I only tested this for Windows, but there should be an equivalent solution for other OSes:

I started the launcher with a script and it seems to want to connect to "wiki.terrafirmacraft.com" which is not available anymore.

C:Windowssystem32driversetcHOSTS

Add this line:

Make sure you remove the "read only" property of the file (if it has it, some spyware blockers put it there I think)

Also you need to start notepad (or your texteditor of choise) as an Administrator!

Then you can launch the game normally through the launcher. If it doesn't work directly, you might have to restart or allow the change you just made thought "Windows defender" (It'll pop up at the task bar).

Once the problem in the launcher has been fixed, remove the line in HOSTS again, as it permanently changes the IP your computer will talk to when it wants "wiki.terrafirmacraft.com"!

I hope you could find something equivalent of that for Mac :I

Hi everyone,

C:Windowssystem32driversetcHOSTS

Add this line:

Thank you soo much for this post. :)

Del