Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
DuckyTheDudeGuy

[Solved] Wrought iron cannot be worked with?

3 posts in this topic

So I am completely new here and glad there is a forum where you can ask questions.

So, I recently built myself a bloomery, got the stuff all going right, refined the ingots... Now what... Wiki says wrought iron is a tier 3 metal. I got a bismuth bronze anvil, bismuth bronze anvil can work with metals up to tier 3. Am I missing something obvious here? I made them into double ingots, still nothing. Into sheets, again, nothing...

Im sure im missing something very obvious, but it would be great if anybody could just tell me, I tried the wiki and our good friend google, but neither were able to give me the answer I need.

Either way, thanks in advance for reading and if you feel like helping me out here, please do comment.

Bismuth bronze is tier 2, not tier 3. Could you please link the wiki page that says it can work items up to tier 3? It should say it can weld items up to tier 3.

You need to make 7 wrought iron double ingots, and then craft a wrought iron anvil.

Edit: This is the process for every single tier metal. If you want to smith tools/weapons/armor out of a metal, you must make an anvil out of that tier metal first. So if you want a steel pickaxe, you will have to make a steel anvil first. If you want a black steel chestplate, you'll have to make a black steel anvil first, etc etc.

Edit 2: How did you manage to make wrought iron sheets? You need at least a wrought iron anvil to work wrought iron double ingots into sheets... I just tested it to confirm.

Oh I seem to have derped. As I checked the wiki to look for said page I saw there is another tab that says "Work metal". I have been a little quick to judge. As for the sheets, im not sure either. I must have ment double ingots. Either way thank you for the help and I do apologize for the derp I caused...