Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Ormusn2o

Enchanting\buffing food with spices.

20 posts in this topic

With all the new agroculture update it would by also usefull to redo cooking. Besides new food receptures you could add different spices to buff and add different effects to food like:

-Sugar - speed

-Salt - less hunger consumption

-Ginger root - faster boat speed

-Garlic - repell undeads

-Oregano - give more hunger points if used on meat

I like the idea of spicing foods, but not the potion effects.

spices should add to the saturation meter without affecting hunger or anything else

my 2 cents

Leaves of the coca plant: Ability to use an automatic assault rifle with a grenade launcher while shouting "Say hello to my little friend!"

Spicing food may help hunger, or may satisfy Steve more, but give me an instance where ginger made your boat go faster....

Spicing food may help hunger, or may satisfy Steve more, but give me an instance where ginger made your boat go faster....

Ginger is natural seasickness cure.

...who says steve gets sea sick?

Steve builds fortresses in hell and drinks the tears of damned souls to restore his vitality, this is not a man who gets a little urpy from jumping into a tiny boat.

So, if i found a cure to my fear to altitudes, every plane i'm in will go faster? come on...

Beside spicing foods would be a great idea, unless you spice your food with fairy powder and a giant's blood, i can't see why eating spiced food would make any effect on me...

Except if i were allergic.(?)

One last thing. Unless Steve uses his breath to scare away mobs, why eating garlic would make anything? i could accept it if it scared undeads while carrying in the hand, not in the stomach.

So, if i found a cure to my fear to altitudes, every plane i'm in will go faster? come on...

Beside spicing foods would be a great idea, unless you spice your food with fairy powder and a giant's blood, i can't see why eating spiced food would make any effect on me...

Except if i were allergic.(?)

One last thing. Unless Steve uses his breath to scare away mobs, why eating garlic would make anything? i could accept it if it scared undeads while carrying in the hand, not in the stomach.

eating garlic makes mosquitos not bite you.

eating garlic makes mosquitos not bite you.

>eating garlic makes mosquitos not bite you.<

>garlic makes mosquitos not bite<

>makes mosquitos not<

>mosquitos<

Hmm...

>makes mosquitos not<

>mosquitos<

Hmm...

mosquitos and zombies both want to eat you.

>makes mosquitos not<

>mosquitos<

Hmm...

...No.

No.

No no no no no no no no nonononononononononononono

...I hate those things.

I think my girlfriend will never kiss me again, but for avoiding mosquitos bites? it's worth it.

Nah, i'm joking. I have no girlfriend.(?)

I think my girlfriend will never kiss me again, but for avoiding mosquitos bites? it's worth it.

Nah, i'm joking. I have no girlfriend.(?)

Haha that's... actually...

...kinda sad...

v_v

C'mon guys. Work with me. It was hard already to think this out :D.

I think this is an interesting idea...gives us an incentive to use spices as opposed to just living off one type of food. I'd even take this a bit further...maybe your character desires a particular food each day, and if youre able to satisfy it, you'll recieve a small bonus for said day.

I think this is an interesting idea...gives us an incentive to use spices as opposed to just living off one type of food. I'd even take this a bit further...maybe your character desires a particular food each day, and if youre able to satisfy it, you'll recieve a small bonus for said day.

The character doesn't decide... YOU decide...

Part of the essence of Minecraft -and it's mods as well- is the inmersive experience it is. As it has already been said before, you don't wanna be controlling Steve, you wanna BE Steve.

The character doesn't decide... YOU decide...

Part of the essence of Minecraft -and it's mods as well- is the inmersive experience it is. As it has already been said before, you don't wanna be controlling Steve, you wanna BE Steve.

I agree, I want to BE Steve...but I think there should be an incentive to eat the varities of food that will be introduced.

I think that instead there should be consumable herbs and stuff that do certain things like potions

I think that instead there should be consumable herbs and stuff that do certain things like potions

Can Coca leaves give you an automatic rifle with a grenade launcher? And the ability to shout "Say hello to my little friend!"?

hmm i do like the idea of making seasoned foods and stuff (Cook-off anyone?)

but even still i dont see any practical use for it, even the restoring more hunger doesnt work, eating an unseasoned steak doesnt fill you up any less than one with fancy, gourmet spices

i still want this in the mod though i soo wannna be able to make food that i actually WANT to eat instead of have to for my survival