Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Teranz

Enchanting, Research, Fossils and gems!

13 posts in this topic

Ok so i have a fair few ideas for enchanting, the gems. But first i would like fossils to be added as ore generation. Fossils would be used to research different types of enchantments(Just a bit like in ThuamCraft). There would be different types and sizes of fossils: tiny,small,medium,large and very large... And different types of fossils like; animal bones, bugs, flowers and so on. So that the first part coverted.

And now the scound part. Enchanting would be different then in vanilla. The old enchanting table will be used for research. The new one would be crafted like the old one but just with an enderpearl at the top without the book. Enchanting when you first start will look like the vanilla enchants but as you do more enchanting some words will make sense and once you have a lot of expierience in enchanting all of the words will make sense and you will know what your weapon/armor will be enchanted into. So i also inclueded gems in my topic title didnt i? Yeah, and gems will be used to increase the level of your enchants. So the better gems the better enchants... Thanks thats my idea any feed back would be great!

There are 2 things wrong with this.

First EVERYTHING in the title has its own thread. Shore you are combining it but that doesn't matter it should be in the Enchanting one and link to the other ones.

Second you used the 'T' word last time I used that i was shot down in 2 min flat.

There are 2 things wrong with this.

First EVERYTHING in the title has its own thread. Shore you are combining it but that doesn't matter it should be in the Enchanting one and link to the other ones.

Second you used the 'T' word last time I used that i was shot down in 2 min flat.

T word?

THUAMCRAFT

Just realized... Also i combined the topics cos it would look much more messed up when every part of this topic would be spread out over 4 different topics...

I'm all for consolidating suggestion threads to give a clearer idea of the communities thoughts. However, the T word isn't welcome on this forum I think. Perhaps it's worth lurking a little to get a grip of what the community has already ruled out. Sorry if it sounds harsh, I don't mean it in an unfriendly way :)

I'm all for consolidating suggestion threads to give a clearer idea of the communities thoughts. However, the T word isn't welcome on this forum I think. Perhaps it's worth lurking a little to get a grip of what the community has already ruled out. Sorry if it sounds harsh, I don't mean it in an unfriendly way :)

To be honest its not what the community thinks... It is what Bioxx and his team think... My ideas arent for the community they are for bioxx. The community can support ideas, improve them and add more...

Edit: I will be hated so much for this post... But truth hurts...

To be honest its not what the community thinks... It is what Bioxx and his team think... My ideas arent for the community they are for bioxx .......

I will be hated so much for this post... But truth hurts...

Firstly, you are only half right in saying your suggestions are only for Bioxx. While he is the Dev and (obviously) has the final say on what is added and what isn't, he is also (from what I have seen) very community orientated. He allows the community to contribute to the direction the mod goes in. So although Bioxx could implement thaum like features, if the community wasn't happy about it, I doubt he would.

As far as being hated goes, that is ridiculous ! I certainly don't hate you for expressing your thoughts. Especially when they are largely true. People might disagree with you, but they will hardly hate you :)

Firstly, you are only half right in saying your suggestions are only for Bioxx. While he is the Dev and (obviously) has the final say on what is added and what isn't, he is also (from what I have seen) very community orientated. He allows the community to contribute to the direction the mod goes in. So although Bioxx could implement thaum like features, if the community wasn't happy about it, I doubt he would.

As far as being hated goes, that is ridiculous ! I certainly don't hate you for expressing your thoughts. Especially when they are largely true. People might disagree with you, but they will hardly hate you :)

LIke i said the community supports,improves and adds idea. But bioxx has the last word.

LIke i said the community supports,improves and adds idea. But bioxx has the last word.

That is what I was saying wasn't quite true. Bioxx definitely could​ have the last word, if he so wished, but as far as I can see, he listens to the feedback from the mods users, so while these suggestions are definitely for Bioxx, don't underestimate the importance of the general opinion of the community as to whether an idea sinks or swims, so to speak. I mean, think about it, he asked if we wanted a new ore or more cassiterite (sp?) spawning conditions. The only reason he didn't implement the communities suggestion of a new ore was for logistical reasons.

1) as vanilla diamonds are unobtainable in this mod you wouldn't be able to craft the tables the way you're saying.

2) how do you 'accumulate' this enchanting experience that will make the words clearer?

3) what the flying fuck do fossils have to do with the enchants? You defined the premise but not the purpose.

4) Why the research table? what benefit does research give? If you said it in the OP I couldn't find it.

5) This mod is the polar fucking opposite of thaumcraft

Nobody's going to hate you for this post Teranz... it's just a bad idea.

Come on dude, what's with all the shit suggestions lately? Where's the guy that came up with a whole list of new poster titles for the forum? I liked him, bring him back.

Nobody's going to hate you for this post Teranz... it's just a bad idea.

Come on dude, what's with all the shit suggestions lately? Where's the guy that came up with a whole list of new poster titles for the forum? I liked him, bring him back.

Sorry, recently life is being a bitch... And i just post anything that comes to my head...

Sorry, recently life is being a bitch... And i just post anything that comes to my head...

Maybe next time you could sit on an idea a bit... mull it over, rather than rushing it out. You tend to come up with better stuff when you've done that

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0