Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jed1314

The Suggestion Thread Issue

6 posts in this topic

I spent a lot of time today looking through the suggestions thread, right back from the beginning of the forum up until now. I noticed while looking through that many idea's have come up repeatedly, suggested by many people and well supported, but they slowly move down the thread as other suggestions are put forward (ironically, often suggestions which feature many of the aspects of old suggestions).

Lumireaver has gone some way to alleviate the problem by creating the "Suggestion Thread Directory".

I propose a second, slightly more involved step to help prevent needless repetition. Does anyone else think that there should be a kind of "community favourites" shortlist, in the directory, where the forum votes on the best suggestions to give them prominent placement at the top of the directory. This way, Bioxx can easily see what we are interested in and popular suggestions do not need to be bumped unneccessarily, so that people can still see them, or worse, not get bumped and disappear.

I know this is technically a suggestion (ironically) but I posted it in discussion, as I feel it is a question to the community, more than an idea :)

the community favorites idea is a very good idea and we should really try to get Bioxx to add the suggestions directory to the stickied section

the community favorites idea is a very good idea and we should really try to get Bioxx to add the suggestions directory to the stickied section

I think that everyone agrees about the sticky situation :P

Thats the problem with a community that is small enough to moderate itself largely,

When we need the mods to do something, it takes them a while to see it :P

The vanilla forums actually have a similar thing where they'll tag something as 'popular' and stick a star up on it and keep it on the 1st page

I wouldn't be upset to see this carry over

This would be a nice edition to the forums. This should probably go into the thread in the suggestions board for suggestions to the forums owner. :S

The vanilla forums actually have a similar thing where they'll tag something as 'popular' and stick a star up on it and keep it on the 1st page

I wouldn't be upset to see this carry over

That actually seems like a good solution :P

It would need to be based on "votes" though and not comments, I'd hate to see a suggestion that has been much commented for being flawed to be stickied to the front page

This would be a nice edition to the forums. This should probably go into the thread in the suggestions board for suggestions to the forums owner. :S

You mean terranz's thread ? You're right, I should have put it there.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0