Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
abandoned mines

the scaleing bar (safety tool while mining)

57 posts in this topic

well in real life while in my own addit i use a scaling bar at a fairly close range due to the cramped conditions

the TFcraft scaling bar could set off the small cave in in front of you (the area where the rock is falling) but it would not cause a cave in behind you

say you are standing in your standard 3x3 tunnel and the unstable area is 5 blocks away on the sealing

the scaling bar would than (if there are no supports below or near) set off a section of rock, perhaps 2x3

now that section is safe to enter as you have removed the unstable materials

That makes alot more sense... I was imagining someone standing 15~20 m away poking a rock wall with a stick, lol

That makes alot more sense... I was imagining someone standing 15~20 m away poking a rock wall with a stick, lol

well lol in some locations i ve been to the above is accurate as the newly mined chamber has a high chance of killing you from falling rocks

one guy i knew actually worked full time as a scaler in a local silver mine before having to retire after a 45 pound slab of rock slide out of the roof and crushed his right arm

he kept the arm though he couldn't work :(

in many modern mines some machines, such as muckers and jumbo drills will often have an extendable steel rod that can be rammed into the roof to dislodge dangerous rock and in some larger mines special robots do the job entirely so humans don't have to be in harms way

well lol in some locations i ve been to the above is accurate as the newly mined chamber has a high chance of killing you from falling rocks

one guy i knew actually worked full time as a scaler in a local silver mine before having to retire after a 45 pound slab of rock slide out of the roof and crushed his right arm

he kept the arm though he couldn't work :(

in many modern mines some machines, such as muckers and jumbo drills will often have an extendable steel rod that can be rammed into the roof to dislodge dangerous rock and in some larger mines special robots do the job entirely so humans don't have to be in harms way

Dang... Just goes to show how dangeous mining can be...

Which is exactly why TFC needs harder mining :D

Other than that I think this would be tops if a method of blocks "sliding" into a pile as opposed to a spire would be implemented (they did it in creative mod why not (╯°□°)╯︵ /( ‿⌓‿ ) )

Which is exactly why TFC needs harder mining :D

Other than that I think this would be tops if a method of blocks "sliding" into a pile as opposed to a spire would be implemented (they did it in creative mod why not (╯°□°)╯︵ /( ‿⌓‿ ) )

If memory serves, there was a thread about disallowing dirt and sand towers, where you jump, place, jump and place over and over again, and suggested that it collapse into a coneish shape. It did have a few positive reviews, but it was shot down by dunk, I believe, saying "the coding for horisiontal cave-ins is so needlessly complicated and would be hard to implement" or something like that...

If memory serves, there was a thread about disallowing dirt and sand towers, where you jump, place, jump and place over and over again, and suggested that it collapse into a coneish shape. It did have a few positive reviews, but it was shot down by dunk, I believe, saying "the coding for horisiontal cave-ins is so needlessly complicated and would be hard to implement" or something like that...

yea i don t think that would be practical in a minecraft setting

i remember proposing talus slopes for mountain ranges and got the same answers

Might be fine to just go cheap on it and make too tall of unsound building material towers just be destroyed