Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dizney23

Cobblestone, Iron, Gold, etc...

18 posts in this topic

I am currently using other mods like Buildcraft and Ars Magicka with TFC. I know, I know, I am a sinner but please indulge me anyways.

I want to be able to craft certain items that are needed for Buildcraft and Ars Magicka but they require items like Cobblestone and Iron Ingots and such. What do I have to do to get cobblestone back in the game? For instance using the equivalent item in the game to have the same ID as cobblestone? Is that possible?

Also if I wanted to use iron ingots in the game, if there such a thing in TFC, If I wanted to use the iron ingots in TFC to act like regular iron ingots. How do I do that??

Thank you in advance!!

Your problem is thinking there is cobblestone in the same sense as vanilla. You can't get cobble, because rocks drop, and only way to get vanilla iron is off zombies? Not sure about that last part though. That's the reason most people just get the items like they normally would, like you get the ore, then use NEI or TMI to give themselves the mod item. Also this has nothing to do with TFC, so you shouldn't have bothered to post it in the first place.

After I posted I did some research and I understand exactly what you mean by not having any cobble. Now since I want to try and integrate TFC with Ars Magicka and Buildcraft without having to just get whatever items I need from NEI I was looking to get some information on which ID's I need to change in the TFC.cfg file. I found Pig Iron in the cfg so if I change that to the ID for Iron Ingot in Minecraft then would it work? Or would I need to get rid of the ID for Iron in Minecraft somehow so there wouldn't be a conflict? Thats where I am needing help. I also noticed this in the cfg:

StoneIgEx=211

StoneIgExBrick=188

StoneIgExCobble=200

StoneIgExSmooth=184

What are these?? And if I change those ID's to the cobblestone in Minecraft would that work. I know I would need to make a chisel to make a brick. So can I change the ID for that StoneIgExSmooth=184 or StoneIgExCobble=200 to be the replacement for cobblestone.

Also where should I post this? Maybe someone could move this topic to the right place for me. Like off topic?

After I posted I did some research and I understand exactly what you mean by not having any cobble. Now since I want to try and integrate TFC with Ars Magicka and Buildcraft without having to just get whatever items I need from NEI I was looking to get some information on which ID's I need to change in the TFC.cfg file. I found Pig Iron in the cfg so if I change that to the ID for Iron Ingot in Minecraft then would it work? Or would I need to get rid of the ID for Iron in Minecraft somehow so there wouldn't be a conflict? Thats where I am needing help. I also noticed this in the cfg:

StoneIgEx=211

StoneIgExBrick=188

StoneIgExCobble=200

StoneIgExSmooth=184

What are these?? And if I change those ID's to the cobblestone in Minecraft would that work. I know I would need to make a chisel to make a brick. So can I change the ID for that StoneIgExSmooth=184 or StoneIgExCobble=200 to be the replacement for cobblestone.

Also where should I post this? Maybe someone could move this topic to the right place for me. Like off topic?

Just use NEI because what you need is simple not possbile. If you change the IDs like that you won't be able to use almost all of the dependant recipes.

There was an option in the TFC configuration file which allowed conversion recipes from TFC to vanilla, if i recall correctly :_. it works for vanilla recipes, but i'm not sure if it will with other mods's recipes.

You most certainly can get cobblestone. You use the same farming trick as cobblegen in vanilla. If you have the use vanilla recipes option turned on in config you can also convert rocks to cobble by putting them in the crafting window alone. Furnace recipe is the same and still uses coal and charcoal, and you can make smooth stone for buttons, etc. Gold nuggets drop from zombie pigmen, but not sure if they still generate. Iron ingots drop from zombies.

Nope, you can't find zombie pigmens, 'cause they are in the nether. And you can't access the nether, 'cause it will corrupt your world.

i guess the real question for gold is: do zombie pigmen still spawn near an active nether portal, and do they still occor when pigs get hit by lightning?

I know a way to get cobble <stone type> in TFC. It worked in the past versions and in the changelog it's not fixed, but if I post it someone will surely fix it...It's a totally less-cheats way.

wolf, they already know they are produced by explosions ._.

wolf, they already know they are produced by explosions ._.

Not this, another one...

EDIT: A cheaper one...

Creeper explosions ._. they cost nothing but luring a creeper near rock.

Or maybe you mean something like "place a torch, pillar cobblestone over it, break the first cobblestone" if that still works ._.

Creeper explosions ._. they cost nothing but luring a creeper near rock.

Or maybe you mean something like "place a torch, pillar cobblestone over it, break the first cobblestone" if that still works ._.

Nothing like this.

If you have the use vanilla recipes option turned on in config you can also convert rocks to cobble by putting them in the crafting window alone.

This is not true. Does anyone know how converting "x cobble" to vanilla cobble actually works?

Also:

Also this has nothing to do with TFC, so you shouldn't have bothered to post it in the first place.

This has everything to do with TFC, and he had every right to post about a setting that is in the config file, regardless of his intentions with it.

This has everything to do with TFC, and he had every right to post about a setting that is in the config file, regardless of his intentions with it.

Really? because as it looks to me, it's about other mods, not so much TFC. Nice try though.

Really? because as it looks to me, it's about other mods, not so much TFC. Nice try though.

Its about both. Using other mods with TFC.

If you wanted to use the BTW mod with TFC, would you accept being told to not ask such a question?

If you wanted to use the BTW mod with TFC, would you accept being told to not ask such a question?

Well BTW has a ridiculous amount of mods it's not compatible with, so I probably wouldn't mention anything about another mod with it.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0