Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Androyed

Douglas Fir saplings don't grow

5 posts in this topic

Apparently this is a well-known bug, but I don't think anyone has reported it as of yet.

It's hard to test. I planted some Douglas Fir saplings along with Pine and Willow saplings. The Pine and Willow had no problem growing (I used TMI to advance through time quickly), but the Douglas Fir didn't grow. It might be the saplings just need some time. But when do I stop testing? The fact that multiple people have said to me that Douglas Fir saplings didn't grow, led me to the forums to make this thread.

Another note; I'm not even sure if Douglas Fir spawns at all, at least not in 52e. Not going to report this as a bug, since I'm probably just not looking the right way. Or I'm just unlucky. But TheWolf227 also didn't find any Douglas Fir, and that was in build 60. As of now, I have seen no proof that Douglas Fir spawns. Probably related to the fact that the saplings don't grow?

Apparently this is a well-known bug, but I don't think anyone has reported it as of yet.

It's hard to test. I planted some Douglas Fir saplings along with Pine and Willow saplings. The Pine and Willow had no problem growing (I used TMI to advance through time quickly), but the Douglas Fir didn't grow. It might be the saplings just need some time. But when do I stop testing? The fact that multiple people have said to me that Douglas Fir saplings didn't grow, led me to the forums to make this thread.

Another note; I'm not even sure if Douglas Fir spawns at all, at least not in 52e. Not going to report this as a bug, since I'm probably just not looking the right way. Or I'm just unlucky. Also, I can't report bugs of older versions and I know that.

How did you get the saplings? With NEI I can't and they're not in creative. Using b60.

Using TMI in build 52e I can get them.

No prove as of now that Douglas Fir spawns, not only in build 52e, but also in build 60, according to TheWolf227 (thanks for checking, Wolf!). Probably related to the fact that the saplings don't grow?

To test in b60 you'll need to use the cheats option to give yourself the proper sapling. /give (minecraft name) 6 1 4 will give you a douglas fir sapling. You can also use /gt to find out which trees are in the area, it still reports douglas fir even though there are physically none there. Like you said, it's hard to judge if the sapling isn't growing or if it's just taking an abnormally long time. Assuming it isn't growing and because /gt reports douglas fir, the issue is with the tree itself and not the tree generator.

Yay! Douglas Fir should now grow properly.

See the B61 changelog. I hope this also means that we will see spawned Douglas Fir again.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0