Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ditto8353

Bug Reporting: How To

1 post in this topic

A simple guide of when and how to report a bug.

When you notice a bug you should:

• Start with a fresh minecraft.jar

• You should keep a backup of this file at all times.
  • If you do not have a backup you can delete your .minecraft/bin folder and launch Minecraft to automatically download the latest version.
  • Delete the TFC.cfg file in the .minecraft/config folder.
  • Install the recommended version of Minecraft Forge.

• This is usually the latest version.
    • Don't forget to delete the META-INF folder.
  • Install the recommended version of PlayerAPI.

• This is usually the latest version.
  • Unzip the TFC mod into its own folder and place it into the .minecraft/mods folder.

• I always keep the same name as the zip folder so I can see what build I have.
    • You should not debug with other mods installed unless you are specifically testing for compatibility or are 100% certain, beyond and shred of doubt, that the mods are compatible.
    Once you have done all of this, attempt to reproduce the bug on a NEW map. If you need advanced materials to reproduce the bug, use the /gamemode command to enter Creative Mode and give yourself the required items or simply start your new map in Creative Mode. When reproducing a bug you should:
  • Start by repeating the actions you took when you first noticed the bug.

• Example: My sound randomly cut out while I was chopping trees, so I will chop trees again.
  • Pay attention to EVERYTHING happening in the game while you do this.

• It's a new world.
    • I'm cutting a Willow tree.
    • I'm using a Stone Axe.
    • That awesome new music is playing.
    • There's a Pig over there.
  • Remove and/or change variables. If you are familiar with programming and the code itself, you will be better at this part. You should only remove/change one variable at a time.

• Try a different tree.
    • Try a different axe.
    • Turn the music off.
    • Find a place without any mobs.
  • If you can reproduce the bug, and can do it most of the time you try, then record the following information.

• MC Version
    • TFC Version (This should be in the Topic Title: [b64])
    • Forge Version
    • PlayerAPI Version
    • What the bug is.
    • Steps to reproduce the bug. (What causes the bug.)

• Example: My sound cuts out whenever the in game music reaches the end of a song.
    • Note: You can see that through our pretend testing, we have determined that chopping trees had nothing to do with the bug.
If you follow these steps as well as you can, your bug report will be more helpful to other testers trying to help you, as well as to Bioxx and Dunk as they polish their code.

If you see the same bug over and over, but are unsure of how to reproduce it, it is still ok to report it. Your bug report can still be helpful without following these steps. It can help lead other testers in the right direction.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0