Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
yosomith

Rainfall and making trees grow

14 posts in this topic

Alright, so I want to make some trees grow in a low rainfall area (125) there is a higher rainfall area of 4000 close by but I was wondering if it's possible to do it in the low rainfall area?

Like maybe adding in some water or ponds or things or what?

Alright, so I want to make some trees grow in a low rainfall area (125) there is a higher rainfall area of 4000 close by but I was wondering if it's possible to do it in the low rainfall area?

Like maybe adding in some water or ponds or things or what?

Yeah, about your question of yours... I have no idea at all what are you attempting to achieve...

What I am attempting is to get trees to grow in a place where normally they wont.

The particular tree is a Hickory, I know they grow in a rainfall area of 4000 but I want to grow them in the rainfall area of 125, if it's not possible then fine but if it is I'd like to know how.

Try to test your theory in your test world. That's all I could think of.

Try to test your theory in your test world. That's all I could think of.

Hypothesis, SDA, Hypothesis. Not theory, Hypothesis.

I think this:

Why did you open this spoiler? It was only to show you what I thought! Close it!!!!!

ok testing reveals that yes, take a hickory tree into a low rainfall area and it doesn't grow, however if you add some water in the area via a bucket like I did the tree will grow

Take in count trees take 7 days to grow when you plant 'em, regardless of where :P

EDIT: in fatc, different trees take different times ._:

yes that has been taken into account since the original trees had been sitting there for years of time (one year = 24 hours irl) and no growth over about a weeks worth of playing irl.

As soon as water was introduced trees started coming up only where the water was (visual representation of area with water from dry grass) after only a few hours of playing.

Since then I have removed the water and redid my tree area with pools of water making the area nice and green with lots of growing trees.

yes that has been taken into account since the original trees had been sitting there for years of time (one year = 24 hours irl) and no growth over about a weeks worth of playing irl. As soon as water was introduced trees started coming up only where the water was (visual representation of area with water from dry grass) after only a few hours of playing. Since then I have removed the water and redid my tree area with pools of water making the area nice and green with lots of growing trees.

That's and many other features make TFC the best mod ever !

Thank for sharing this, it open lot of possibility.

yes that has been taken into account since the original trees had been sitting there for years of time (one year = 24 hours irl) and no growth over about a weeks worth of playing irl.

As soon as water was introduced trees started coming up only where the water was (visual representation of area with water from dry grass) after only a few hours of playing.

Since then I have removed the water and redid my tree area with pools of water making the area nice and green with lots of growing trees.

Aw, do you have any pictures of how you added water to make the tress grow? I would imagine dumping water next to sapling makes it pop up, or no? This is very interesting, pictures if you can!

Edit: Yay it worked

This is what I was talking about dry grass vs nice grass

Posted Image

this is my overall tree farm

Posted Image

This is an upclose view of how I did the water and trees

Posted Image

This is an alternate shot of the above

Posted Image

I probably could have gotten away with less water spots then I have used as they do have a range to how much a water hole will hydrate but I like things nice and even and I was going for a more compact area for my tree farm.

I do have a goal where I will turn all the dry grass within a certain range of my home to the nicer hydrated grass.

Wow I didn't know trees would grow so close to one another...

Well some will but other wont, I got lucky with the Hickories but I imagine something else, say the Willow tree will not

I can imagine a whole forest full of trees spaced that far apart would be nice