Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
prince0rion

world generation Question

10 posts in this topic

not sure if this is appropriate for support, but i was wondering, is there a way to get TFC to allow other mods materials to spawn naturally? im specifically wondering about the 8 ores from Thaumcraft 3...i have it installed, and it generated the world fine, but im not sure if the ores are there, havent seen any yet

not sure if this is appropriate for support, but i was wondering, is there a way to get TFC to allow other mods materials to spawn naturally? im specifically wondering about the 8 ores from Thaumcraft 3...

Afaik, now. For now TFC generates its won terrain and you can't make other ores generate, apart if you know how to code.

Not sure if this is appropriate for support, but I was wondering, is there a way to get TFC to allow other mods materials to spawn naturally? I'm specifically wondering about the 8 ores from Thaumcraft 3... I have it installed, and it generated the world finely, but I'm not sure if the ores are there, haven't seen any yet.

Specifically, at the time of this post, no. You see, TerraFirmaCraft has a significantly improved terrain generation system rewritten from the ground up, so the probably of seeing ores from other modifications is next to none. However, TerraFirmaCraft has an ore dictionary in which it could link with said modifications, such as IndustrialCraft. Unfortunately, I do not think that TFC Cinnabar will be compatible with the recipes of ThaumCraft, at least... that's what I think. Also, any feature that requires generation into the physical MineCraft world that does not match up the ore dictionary will not generate.

That clears up any confusion?

-Sda209

P.S. - I do believe this question does belong in the Support Section.

yes, thank you, lol, guess i get to jsut add the shards, oh well, one less thing to go spelunking for...:P

Unfortunately, I do not think that TFC Cinnabar will be compatible with the recipes of ThaumCraft, at least... that's what I think.

If they're both in the forge ore dictionary, they are compatible and his means that you can use TFC cinnabar to create quicksilver and you can also use TC2 cinnabar to make redstone. This thing happens everytime that 2 ores with the same name are both in the ore dictionary.

Even TFC uranium could be used to work with IC2 and even TFC lapis lazuli could work with Buildcraft. Of course, if you use TFC lapis lazuli, you would waste it, because every TFC lapis lazuli gives you more than one vanilla lapis lazuli.

If they're both in the forge ore dictionary, they are compatible and his means that you can use TFC cinnabar to create quicksilver and you can also use TC2 cinnabar to make redstone. This thing happens everytime that 2 ores with the same name are both in the ore dictionary.

Even TFC uranium could be used to work with IC2 and even TFC lapis lazuli could work with Buildcraft. Of course, if you use TFC lapis lazuli, you would waste it, because every TFC lapis lazuli gives you more than one vanilla lapis lazuli.

Thank you. Cinnabar, however is the only ore I question if it were to be compatible with ThaumCraft's Cinnabar.

Thank you. Cinnabar, however is the only ore I question if it were to be compatible with ThaumCraft's Cinnabar.

I do't know this. Try installing TC2 and then use NEI to see the recipes for cynnabar. It's the only way to know it.

I do't know this. Try installing TC2 and then use NEI to see the recipes for cynnabar. It's the only way to know it.

*IC2

P.S. - I'm no Grammar Nazi (what kind of mentally-impaired individual would make such a stereotype?), but that was incorrect.

*IC2

IC2 doesn't use cynnabar. I was meaning TC3 = ThaumCraft 3. Then TC3*.

IC2 doesn't use cynnabar. I was meaning TC3 = ThaumCraft 3. Then TC3*.

Oh... I should play ThaumCraft much more often, then.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0