Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
killster550

the Hopper

7 posts in this topic

so, ive seen some snapshot videos with an item referred to as the hopper (not sure if its been officially named that yet) which basically dispenses items thrown in the top, into a chest that the hopper points to.

IMO this is BS, if only because a pickaxe wouldnt fit into a chute :D

however, i see a possibility to hijack the item and turn it into a hopper for a mill system /upgrade to the quern, where you can throw items in the hopper and having to do nothing but manually use the quern to grind your foods, or even a possible flour system. it'd automate the entire food grinding process by just throwing a absolute shitton of food in the hopper, and it automatically throwing it in the quern, so you just have to keep clicking that, sort of like a bloomery :P a minor form of automation.

should any form of mechanical power be implemented, ever, it could be operated via waterwheel, allowing for a fully automatic mill, (although that'd require either wind, or a flowing water system being possible for the scale of the wheel, unless we wanna go miniature)

(possible ideas for this: quern upgrade, milling system, flour/plant oil systems, guided dispensing of items *in chests* <<< vanilla feature)

* is optional adaption*

any ideas or questions? :D

so, ive seen some snapshot videos with an item referred to as the hopper (not sure if its been officially named that yet) which basically dispenses items thrown in the top, into a chest that the hopper points to.

IMO this is BS, if only because a pickaxe wouldnt fit into a chute :D

however, i see a possibility to hijack the item and turn it into a hopper for a mill system /upgrade to the quern, where you can throw items in the hopper and having to do nothing but manually use the quern to grind your foods, or even a possible flour system.

(possible ideas for this: quern upgrade, milling system, flour/plant oil systems, guided dispensing of items *in chests* <<< vanilla feature)

* is optional adaption*

any ideas or questions? :D

I see little sense in using a hopper as an upgrade to the quern, unfortunately.

hmm, upon rereading it, whats the suggestion about? :D ima edit it

well, having looked into the uses of hoppers, they can effectively be used as long distance item pipes like in buildcraft and the like, by hooking up several hoppers to eachother in a line, it makes a one way tube that items flow through, not sure if that helps at all though

well it'd be a stair-like tube, since the items have to be dispensed in the top according to the current system, if its recoded to work like a dispenser without need for power, it could be a tube :D

well it'd be a stair-like tube, since the items have to be dispensed in the top according to the current system, if its recoded to work like a dispenser without need for power, it could be a tube :D

nope it actually works in a line, it will transfer item from hopper to hopper without throwing it out

well i havent played with the item myself so i wouldnt know if that works :D

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0