Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
spuksas

What do you think about TFC2?

41 posts in this topic

I think "depth", for this definition, should be the distance to the nearest sunlit block. I don't imagine it to feel believable to have extreme ore abundancies in the easily-reached base of a very steep mountain.

I guess it depends upon what you mean by "extreme", but I find it quite believable that ore veins would be visible in exposed mountain and ravine cliff faces. That's how most ore veins were discovered in the real world in the early days of mining.

if anything its a huge annoyance having to navigate around all the "useless" items.

Why do you have to "navigate around" them? Just treat them like a different rock type and either ignore them or dig right through them, whichever makes the most sense.

Personally, I wish we didn't have to sacrifice the underground areas in favour of the mountains, but given the choice, I'd go for the mountains

If the underground areas were more interesting then I'd miss them, too, but as they are now they rarely contain anything useful. I did have a seed where I found every metal except nickel in one huge cave system, but that has very much been the exception for me.

I thought they were going to implement crypts though. That would have made the underground a bit more interesting. Plus I still don't know why the world will on be 32 blocks high. Why not make the world 80 or 100 blocks high? That still allows for huge mountains of 100 blocks and room to build on top of them (more than 50 blocks).

I thought they were going to implement crypts though. That would have made the underground a bit more interesting. Plus I still don't know why the world will on be 32 blocks high. Why not make the world 80 or 100 blocks high? That still allows for huge mountains of 100 blocks and room to build on top of them (more than 50 blocks).

Are those numbers from the IRC or another source from Bioxx?That does seem rather low if that is what the new sea level is going to be; underground cave systems and such aside, that would also mean that ocean depths will have to be dropped significantly, which would be a shame. I can live without underground cave systems, and for all I know, they could still be there even if in the form of systems built into mountains, but I actually really enjoy the ocean depths TFC currently offers; it makes the ocean feel a lot more intense.

there shoud be multiple terrain options, like archipeligo, continent, unending landmass, and other things

also the nether would be nice to be able to go to

Rewrites, changes, yadad yadada. I just hope Bioxx has finally figured it out because I don't think I can handle a TFC3. But is this really the way to go about making a mod? The mod's main source of publicity (Spumwack) is going to have to restart from scratch in a game about progress. Don't get me wrong though, I really respect what Bioxx and Dunk do for free, it's just I can't really play a mod that keeps resetting my progress. I'd like to reach the metal age someday.

Rewrites, changes, yadad yadada. I just hope Bioxx has finally figured it out because I don't think I can handle a TFC3. But is this really the way to go about making a mod? The mod's main source of publicity (Spumwack) is going to have to restart from scratch in a game about progress. Don't get me wrong though, I really respect what Bioxx and Dunk do for free, it's just I can't really play a mod that keeps resetting my progress. I'd like to reach the metal age someday.

It's still in beta. What you say is a trait of every beta mod. Accept it. This won't happen when TFC will be out of beta. However this happens also with the most famous mods for Minecraft, like Redpower or Thaumcraft.

I like the idea, the old source code is bad, on a server if theres 6+ people the block lag get unplayable and trust me every server its the same. So if he can make a more efficient code maybe we wont have that problem anymore. Also for the island part i like it too, that way every group of people on a server can simply claim an island with no risk of territory conflicts.Still he must do something about thoses 10kx10k oceans, thoses thing kill a server memory at supersonic speed. Also when you spawn in an area where stone cant be used for anvils, it fucking suck to have a 30 minute travel on ocean just to get to another biome. Seriously ive spent more time on a boat in tfc than i did in all my minecraft years.

Spumwack has almost reached black steel (or at least his town has), so it might be nice to have a fresh start with their series as well.

Could we get an official post about the planned content changes in TFC2, or could somone direct me to the thread if one exists? There has been alot of people speculating, and alot of second hand information relayed from IRC to the forums, or other mediums without any real sense of anything being 'officially' planned. I love this mod, and am waiting for TFC2 with much excitement, but could the developers please tell us what we are actually waiting for in some official way? I apologize, but I have a real life to live, and lurking IRC waiting for bits of information to fall out of bioxx, when he feels like it, and being lucky enough to actually be there for it is next to impossible. The entire TFC community doesnt live in IRC :(

the standing tradition of adding everything world-gen, then implement a use for it later.... (saltpert, olivine, etc...) i have to question if that is the right way to go about those features!

we may not NEED to start a new map with every game update, but i think a lot of people do anyway. so we arent really saving ourselves anything by implementing the minerals in before a use for them. if anything its a huge annoyance having to navigate around all the "useless" items. my suggestion. make your worldgen addition be like a plugin, where you could add any number of new worldgen features without needing to reprogram the entire thing from the ground up. If you add a new worldgen item i'm sure everyone will be more than happy to make a new world to see what kind of new and crazy use they can have for it. Honestly i have total confidence in bioxx' plan and ideas in tfc. every new feature is well thought out and has a good reason for being added.

That sounds like a lot of hassle just to appease some people who only want to gather minerals that have uses. I much prefer having all the minerals available from the start. Even if it takes a long time FOR them to have a use, stockpiling them should never EVER be frowned upon. As such, I have to disagree. That's extra coding that will become obsolete before TFC2 reaches it's final stages, which could have been time spent on earlier feature implementation, and an earlier release date.

Could we get an official post about the planned content changes in TFC2, or could somone direct me to the thread if one exists? There has been alot of people speculating, and alot of second hand information relayed from IRC to the forums, or other mediums without any real sense of anything being 'officially' planned. I love this mod, and am waiting for TFC2 with much excitement, but could the developers please tell us what we are actually waiting for in some official way? I apologize, but I have a real life to live, and lurking IRC waiting for bits of information to fall out of bioxx, when he feels like it, and being lucky enough to actually be there for it is next to impossible. The entire TFC community doesnt live in IRC :(/>

I didn't even know we had an IRC

It's still in beta. What you say is a trait of every beta mod. Accept it. This won't happen when TFC will be out of beta. However this happens also with the most famous mods for Minecraft, like Redpower or Thaumcraft.

I definitely see what you're saying, it's just frustrating as TFC1 never really came full circle, and now we have to wait as the whole thing is redone from scratch It will also be quite a while before TFC2 is at the same level of development as TFC1 is now.

I definitely see what you're saying, it's just frustrating as TFC1 never really came full circle, and now we have to wait as the whole thing is redone from scratch It will also be quite a while before TFC2 is at the same level of development as TFC1 is now.

Yeah, luckily there's Dunk that keeps TFC1 updated. He will fix some bugs and try to introduce the animals if I'm right, then you will have something new to play with until TFC2 Is released.

If it's frustrating for us imagine how frustrating it must be for Bioxx, who has to start from scratch to get it the way he wants it, or Dunk, who's gonna have to learn a new codebase.