Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
JohnTzimisces

[Semi-Resolved] 77.12 200% Raw Iron Bloom not splitting properly after working.

8 posts in this topic

Quoth the wiki: 

If the bloom is more than 100% then you will have to return it to the anvil and split it by following the instructions in the anvil. You will end up with one 100% Refined Iron Bloom, and a second Refined Iron Bloom containing the remainder of the original bloom. For example, if you started out with a 150% Refined Iron Bloom, then after splitting you will have a 100% Refined Iron Bloom and a 50% Refined Iron Bloom.

This no longer occurs.

Upon working a 200% raw iron bloom on the anvil I receive one refined iron bloom listed at 200%, which when worked results in 1 wrought iron ingot.

Posted Image

I am unable to recreate this problem in build 77.12

Placing a hot enough refined iron bloom 200% in a high enough tier anvil results in rules that state "Punch Last" following these rules result in 2 refined iron bloom 100% showing up in my hotbar, or my inventory if my hotbar is full.

Melting refined iron blooms above 100% will only result in 1 unshaped ingot.

Retested the problem in light of you not having the problem. I think I see what's happened and I was incorrect in my initial interpretation. Upon working 200% refined iron bloom, the refined bloom *does* split, but it stacks in the inventory because the two new items have the same temperature. If, say, you don't notice that, and put the 2 things of 100% refined iron bloom in the working slot, and work it, you'll lose the two refined bloom and get one wrought iron ingot out of the deal.

I will test to see if there is a way to fix it so that even if you don't notice and attempt to put both into the working slot, only one will place and the other will remain on your cursor, just like how the forge and the firepit work.

NinjaEdit: How are you putting both into the anvil at the same time? Clicking and dragging? or Shift-Click?

I will test to see if there is a way to fix it so that even if you don't notice and attempt to put both into the working slot, only one will place and the other will remain on your cursor, just like how the forge and the firepit work.

NinjaEdit: How are you putting both into the anvil at the same time? Clicking and dragging? or Shift-Click?

I was clicking and dragging, IIRC. I can test again (at this point I'm just going to cheat back in all the iron I've lost from doing that, haw) to double check to see what both methods do.

edit: Shift-clicking correctly places a single refined iron bloom 100% in the working slot. Guess I'll try and manually insert a second refined iron bloom 100% in to see if that's a problem too (I imagine that won't work since I'm guessing temperature is some kind of metadata value kind of like item damage)

edit 2: yes, manually placing a second refined iron bloom 100% (at least of the same temperature as the one in the working slot, such as one produced by hammering a raw iron bloom 200%) in the anvil allows them to stack in the working slot like if you clicked and dragged the refined bloom.

.... I tought you had to melt refine iron bloom to get an ingot... you can just work it again into an ingot ?

Yes.

1. Work the raw iron bloom on the anvil to get the refined bloom.

2. Work the refined bloom on the anvil again to split it if its over 100%.

3. Work the now split refined bloom on the anvil and boom, wrought iron ingot.

I imagine, if the initial raw/refined bloom is 100%, then you'll just get an ingot after step two rather than having to do step three, but I think that'd be a waste of charcoal, and that rubs me the wrong way lol.

I personally haven't touched fooling around with ingot molds and non-casting metals to get unshaped metal because I honestly have no idea how to do it now short of placing a crucible on a forge and using that to melt and pour stuff.

you can melt the refine iron bloom or ingots in the forge, but you need molds in the extra slot of the forge

I was uselessly melting them then.