Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Wulven

[Solved] Pit kilns dont complete, Thirst value freezing

5 posts in this topic

Starting since 77.10, through .12, I have had a pretty severe issues.

First off, pit kilns often deciding to not complete their firing process. No, the issue is not that they never light, I know it needs to be a full logpile. The issue is once it begins firing, it almost never completes. I cannot find a valid reason for this.  I saw with .12 update that charcoal pits were fixed to not bug out upon unloading chunk. I assumed there was a similar issue with pit kilns and it may have been fixed as a result, but it seems this is not the case. Just now I started a kiln successfully and sat for hours, never leaving the chunk, and it never completed its process. On rare attempts of reloading the world, it seems to fix itself, though it can still take a while, as if the reload had just begun the kiln process. I have also attempted to break blocks around the side of the kiln and replacing them quickly, but I cannot recall if this has ever worked.

Second, I have noticed often that occasionally my thirst will simply freeze. I can jump into water and have the value never increase, I can work and sprint without the value decreasing, etc. It seems that drinking from a jug does fill the bar back as it should, but the value seems to still be frozen.  Fixing is done by simply leaving and reloading the world. It feels very cheaty to have it freeze at a decent value.

For both of these, something I do -might- be having an effect. Due to the nerf in numbers of animals, which has made sheep -incredibly- rare, which means no beds, which means unbearable nights due to the ridiculous updated zombie AI that cannot be overcome without sixty knives and a lake to swim to the center of... I have simply been resetting to morning every night, via /time set 0. Would using this mess with any sort of system that would cause either of the above issues?

Still using .12, as .13 hasn't changed enough things for me to bother upgrading yet. If anyone has had these issues, and they still exist in .13, please say so. Also just mention if you have had these issues at all, I have not seen mention anywhere else yet.

/time set 0 is your problem. Don't do it, just add time using the /time add command

If you set time to 0, you set the day/month/year back to 0 too, and you do not want that.

I thin people do not have this issue because they don't set back time to 0

From MC wiki

time add <number>

Increments the world time, as above.

Number must be 0 or positive. The daytime wraps, and the moon's phase advances; adding 24000 will advance the moon's phase by one day.

/time set 0 is your problem. Don't do it, just add time using the /time add command

If you set time to 0, you set the day/month/year back to 0 too, and you do not want that.

I thin people do not have this issue because they don't set back time to 0

From MC wiki

time add <number>

Increments the world time, as above.

Number must be 0 or positive. The daytime wraps, and the moon's phase advances; adding 24000 will advance the moon's phase by one day.

Exactly this. The majority of TFC time based calculations are based off of the calendar time. So if it is Month 4 when you light the kiln and then you do time set 0.. the kiln now thinks that it has been running for -4 months and needs to make up that time before it can do it's actual run time. The same goes for thirst.

Instead of changing the time, you would be better off giving yourself a bed and sleeping through the night. This would allow the game time to progress normally and everything that runs off of that time would act properly.

eep, forgot I made this thread for a bit...

Alrighty. I was not familiar with the time add command, nor how the calendar works exactly. Everything makes sense now. Thanks to all of you. Feel like cheating in a bed might be the better option, being that's what I wish to do, though that's still cheating and I will forever hate myself for doing so... I guess I have always reset the time every instance of starting my kilns. Throwing all blame on sheep and their lack of common existence...

Thanks again~