Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Pwnlord

Rare Drops.

7 posts in this topic

Let's face it: even with weapons and armor, TFC combat is lethal.

Therefore: give us a reason to actually fight mobs. If you can't melt it down, then why not have them drop weapons, items, and armor? It would be bragging rights on MP servers, and given that fighting any enemy before you have metal is nigh-impossible (eight crits with a stone knife to kill an unarmored zombie, anyone?) reasonably balanced.

Not to mention the difficulty of fighting armored enemies justifies some reward, even an infrequent half-bar of the relevant metal.

Also: Make Javelin Skeletons drop javelins. Skeletons drop arrows, after all. The coal would be nice too-because let's face it, you need more than one piece to start a forge.

EDIT: If Music Discs are still a thing-we haven't gotten any-then add a Music Player. TFC's music is great, and being able to play it on demand would be wonderful. Just make the recipe 8 Planks surrounding a bar of tool metal.

Let's face it: even with weapons and armor, TFC combat is lethal.

TerraFirmaCraft's combat aspect is going to be receiving a huge overhaul, sometime in the next set of updates, if I am not mistaken. Please refer to the Combat Revamp Opinion poll on the TFC Discussion forum for further information.

Therefore: give us a reason to actually fight mobs. If you can't melt it down, then why not have them drop weapons, items, and armor? It would be bragging rights on MP servers, and given that fighting any enemy before you have metal is nigh-impossible (eight crits with a stone knife to kill an unarmored zombie, anyone?) reasonably balanced.

Having metal weapons, armor, and tools would actually unbalanced the gameplay much more than make it balanced. It would not only give players a steel sword and breastplate, in the worst-case scenario, it would also encourage them to just farm hostiles every night, not really having to search for minerals and mine them for metals.

Not to mention the difficulty of fighting armored enemies justifies some reward, even an infrequent half-bar of the relevant metal.

Now this, I don't know, but I think armored hostiles would be fixed in an update.

Also: Make Javelin Skeletons drop javelins. Skeletons drop arrows, after all. The coal would be nice too-because let's face it, you need more than one piece to start a forge.

Coal drops, I would say they would be removed, but I am not so sure about javelin-armed Skeletons.

EDIT: If Music Discs are still a thing-we haven't gotten any-then add a Music Player. TFC's music is great, and being able to play it on demand would be wonderful. Just make the recipe 8 Planks surrounding a bar of tool metal.

I highly doubt music discs are even in TerraFirmaCraft, and previously there has been talk of selling TFC's OST, if I remember correctly. So, your idea of a music box could be invalidated, altogether.

Javelin Skeletons already do drop javelins, it's just a random chance drop like everything else. As for coal, you can just make your forge out of charcoal. The coal item really has no use other than for fuel in a forge, and once you find a single vein, you are pretty much set for life due to their massive size.

TerraFirmaCraft's combat aspect is going to be receiving a huge overhaul, sometime in the next set of updates, if I am not mistaken. Please refer to the Combat Revamp Opinion poll on the TFC Discussion forum for further information.

That is mostly focused on PVP. I don't think there's anything about PVE spoken about over there.

Having metal weapons, armor, and tools would actually unbalanced the gameplay much more than make it balanced. It would not only give players a steel sword and breastplate, in the worst-case scenario, it would also encourage them to just farm hostiles every night, not really having to search for minerals and mine them for metals.

The highest a mob can get is bronze, and it's not as extreme of a buff as you're making it out to be. You usually start to go on killing rampages when you progressed to iron at least, and even then I mostly avoid fighting armored things because their additional health is making it not worth the hassle, especially with reinforcements on armored zombies. If they had a reasonably high chance to drop what they are carrying (say, at least two times of what vanilla rare drop rate is), there would be at least an incentive to try those guys out.

I highly doubt music discs are even in TerraFirmaCraft, and previously there has been talk of selling TFC's OST, if I remember correctly. So, your idea of a music box could be invalidated, altogether.

Surely they should sell TFC too then, because it's not like I can't get these files anyway from the mod's archive. I even stored uncompressed version of it from earlier builds so I can replace compressed files.

What that guy suggested is to add a way we can play TFC music in the game when WE feel like it, not when random number from sound handler thread is down for that. A record player whose recipe does not involve diamond (or does involve, as diamonds are much rarer here in general) and a couple of record items is not unreasonable task.

Oh, I see. Haven't played TFC in such a long while due to my personal life.

That is mostly focused on PVP. I don't think there's anything about PVE spoken about over there.

The highest a mob can get is bronze, and it's not as extreme of a buff as you're making it out to be. You usually start to go on killing rampages when you progressed to iron at least, and even then I mostly avoid fighting armored things because their additional health is making it not worth the hassle, especially with reinforcements on armored zombies. If they had a reasonably high chance to drop what they are carrying (say, at least two times of what vanilla rare drop rate is), there would be at least an incentive to try those guys out.

I did talk about "Mob Scaling" and the like, however, you are correct that I do not talk much about PvE. This is due to the fact that, as you mentioned, it would really only take an increased drop rate of armor/weapons to motivate players to kill Mobs. This is due to the fact that in both PvP and PvE combat, the expected reward is loot, however, in PvP it is more coveted.  

NB. Wrought Iron is the highest level armor among Mobs.

NB. Wrought Iron is the highest level armor among Mobs.

Is that so? I don't remember seeing things in iron armor. This must be extremely rare thing.

But then, we can make bronze the highest they can have and seal that concern with weapons and armor progression off.