Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Strelok

Mysterious Changing Sequoia Log

3 posts in this topic

Hello hello. I've ran into a weird bug. Not a major issue, but I haven't seen it in the stickies or on the wiki. I went out to look for more rocks so I could get my first saw, came back to my little sequoia log shelter and saw that one of the logs had changed into a birch log.Has anyone seen anything like this before? I haven't even seen any birch trees in my world. Also.. Can I get tetrahedrite to melt in a firepit? I can't find enough sphalerite to finish off my other ingot and I'm tired of throwing away stacks of rocks. >_>

post-5389-0-24656100-1385771561_thumb.jp

First things first, Welcome to the Forums!

Have you tried deleting your config files? I've never seen blocks change like this before.

Also, You can't make any tools out of sphalerite as of the later versions. You'll need to smelt your tetrahedrite in a vessel in the pit kiln in order to get copper ingots first, and then cast those into copper tools. Sphalerite is now only used as a material in alloy mixing.

What is it about not having an ingot that makes you throw away stacks of rocks?

Hi there! Thank you for the quick reply, and the welcome! I'll try deleting my config files but this was a completely fresh install, Minecraft and Forge included and this was the first world I made. As far as the rocks go, my inventory is full of logs and food that I have foraged for, and I had played a previous build where I could chop logs into planks with just an axe and make a chest. Storage space is becoming an issue, and I've figured out the new kiln system but I've got far too many clay vessels in my inventory full of seeds and whatnot. It seems my work is composed of a plethora of islands and sandbars with nothing but rhyolite and marble rocks. After about three hours of swimming, hiding from zombies and gathering rocks I obtained three pieces of native copper, enough metal for half an ingot of zinc and a bunch of tetrahedrite. I didn't know I could even smelt metals in the pit kiln, I thought that was just for firing clay objects as the word "kiln" made me think. I've got around 13 stacks of marble rocks.. I just reeeeally want to make a chest.