Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AllenWL

Brewing, Refining, Repairing

7 posts in this topic

I thought it'd be nice if we had brewing and enchanting and tool repairing. So after some thought, I came up with this idea.

Refining.

Refining tools/armor can replace enchanting to some degree.

You can craft a sharpening stone to sharpen a tool. This would work on axes, swords, blades, scythes, etc.(things with blades). It makes them deal more damage, and break blocks faster (think of a sharpness+efficacy combo). It would use up some durability to sharpen things, and after some uses, the tool will become dull again and have to be re-sharped to get the buffs again.

Fireproofing armor

(seal in a barrel full of some fireproof thing. Clay? wax? peat? I have no idea, really)

This makes a armor fireproof to a degree, protecting you from fires. wears down when the armor gets damaged. when the coating wears off, it has to be re-coated.

Plating armor.

By crafting armor with a sheet of the same metal on a anvil(last three has to be hit heavy, hit heavy, hit heavy). increases protection and durability.(kinda like protection+unbreaking combo)

Tool Repairs.

Repairs would happen on a anvil, just like in vanilla minecraft

add flux, the tool/armor you want to repair, and an ingot at weldable temp.

Repairs some durability. More worthwhile than crafting new things each time

Brewing.

Brewing is done in several stages.

To brew, you need a mortar and pestle, athanor, alembic, brewing stand, and cauldron.

Also, various herbs found in the wild can be used for brews as well.(can be grown like crops too)

The mortar and pestle is used to grind ingredients into paste and powder to be used for brews.

You can add up to 3 items into the mortar before grinding. the items you put in and their amount decide the type and amount of pastes/powders you get.

The athanor is a furnace made especially for alchemy. It keeps a constant, even heat to get the best results possible. Crafted with metal and fueled with logs/coal/charcoal, it takes in mob drops, paste, and water to make past/powder you cant make with the mortar and pestle. For better brews.

The cauldron is fueled with logs (right-click bottom, add logs, use firestarter/flint&steel). It add water and some ingredients and start brewing. makes brews of various kinds.

Brewing stand. Used for the actual brewing. Add a bottle of brew and some past/powder and light with flint&steel/firestarter.

The alembic is used to refine potions. Put in up to three bottle worth of potions and start. It removes the 'impurity' of a potion and removes the chance of getting the wrong effect. uses up a bit of the potion to do so, giving you less potions as time goes on.

Potion bottles come in two types. a normal bottle used for drinking, and a throwing bottle used for splash portions.

A potion has a chance to give a effect that it's not supposed to (ex: a potion of healing II gives a poison effect I for 5 seconds, a potion of speed I 30 sec gives regeneration III for 2 sec, etc) using a alembic decreases the chances of this happening.

A all brewing objects(exept the mortar and pestle) work faster with a better fuel source(higher burn temp), but the hotter it is, the bigger the chances of the brew boiling over, splashing it's contents all over the place(just think of it as dozens of splash potions hitting all at once)

Better food.

This is just a idea I got while making the brewing idea

By mixing food with herbs , it can make a more filling, tasty meal.

You can brew water and herbs in a brewing stand to make herbal tea. Sort of like weaker, safer potions that can only be drunk

Good idea I sure hope it get implemented. For the food part I would suggest putting a pot over the firepit and then mixing thing inside while it hot like the crucible and it would yield many serving. The preparation surface could be used to.... prepare the food like cutting the vegetables before mixing them to the cooking pot. By the way storing food inside barrel would also be incredible.

I'm very much sure refining tools and armor has already been suggested before.

Fireproof metal armor is nigh impossible unless you want burn marks all over your body. Metals have very good thermal (heat) conductivity, meaning that it can absorb heat easily, especially high amounts of heat. Even if the coating is applied (assuming it is even reproducible, in the first place, due to TFC's timeline limit), the metal would still heat up to scalding temperatures, given enough time.

Armor types have already been suggested, and is being discussed at the Combat Revamp Opinion Poll topic.

Tool repairs has already been suggested, as far as I know, but I never really delved deep into the topic.

As for brewing and alchemy, I am pretty much indifferent about it. There was discussion about it in the past, but I never took the time to read those topics.

Fireproof metal armor is nigh impossible unless you want burn marks all over your body. Metals have very good thermal (heat) conductivity, meaning that it can absorb heat easily, especially high amounts of heat. Even if the coating is applied (assuming it is even reproducible, in the first place, due to TFC's timeline limit), the metal would still heat up to scalding temperatures, given enough time.

It won't be fireproof, not really, you'll just take longer to get cooked(and therefor, a longer time to find water and jump in)

It won't be fireproof, not really, you'll just take longer to get cooked(and therefor, a longer time to find water and jump in)

Even if that is, what about the parts that are not fireproof, they could get scorched

No fire proof armor

Even if that is, what about the parts that are not fireproof, they could get scorched

No fire proof armor

Point taken

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0