Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
PaoloEmilio

Triple issue: Invisible leaves, golden (not GOLD) ingots and casting bug

8 posts in this topic

Bad news TFC comunnity:

In our beta adventure I have found some bugs. Here they are:

Suggested Name: Invisible leaves

Suggested Category: Severe

Description: Tree leaves are rendered invisible. This happens for loggable trees and fruit trees alike. I miss harvesting apples without doing any effort :( .

A trio of images regarding this bug:

http://i.imgur.com/uHUqjsA.png

http://i.imgur.com/JdGfThs.png

http://i.imgur.com/RbonIbp.png

Next bug, golden looking ingots:

My ingots are rendered in a strange way, I think this is due to other mods I use but I still believe it would be a TFC bug:

Suggested Name: Golden (not GOLD) ingots

Suggested Category; Minor

Description: My ingots are rendered in different colors than the ones that correspond to them. They are a big more golden than they should.

An image to explain it better;

http://i.imgur.com/eE5PcK3.png

From corner to hand: Copper, Bronze, Wrought Iron (Copper and bronze doesn't seem different. Iron does)

The last bug doesn't need an image to be explaned:

Suggested Name: Casting Issue

Suggested Category: Annoying

Description: I can naturally melt my copper/bronze and catch the molten metal with a ceramic mold from the ceramic vessel. However, when it turns into unshaped metal, I can't finish to fill it up if I pull it off accidentally. This means that an unshaped non-full mold can't be finished to be filled from a ceramic vessel. I suppose this is a secondary effect to the tweak that disables the ability to store ingots in vessels. Same for when I get metal units that aren't multiples of 100 in the vessel (1350 units, 450, etc...) and one of my unshaped ingots end at half fill.

Wish you luck solving these ones out!

For the first two, these are rendering issues. Please list any and all other mods that you are using along with version numbers, including the version of forge that you are using.

We can't start solving bugs like these until we are able to reproduce them.

For the third, I'm not quite understanding the scenario that you are explaining. Is it that after you remove the partially unshaped ingot, you cannot place it back inside of the vessel; or is it that you can place it back inside the vessel, but nothing happens and the metal units do not drain from the vessel to the partially filled mold?

It shouldn't have anything to do with the removing of ingot storage in vessels, as ingots are from one class hierarchy, and unshaped metals are technically considered part of the pottery hierarchy. The feature was also implemented by directly referencing each individual metal ingot by its ID.

Kitty, it's that I can fill a ceramic mold with metal, but once it gets to unshaped metal, I won't be able to place it back again if it already has a bit of metal. For example, my pot has 150 units of copper, and hereby, I used two ceramic molds. Naturally one is full and the other not. So, I cast my full ingot into a pickaxe and the other unshaped copper is kept with me. I melt other 5 small ores and get 50 units to complete the unshaped mold. I try to the unfinished mold. But it doesn't "fit" in the pot, just like logs in a chest. So thats what I mean.

Regarding my mods, those are:

Minecraft Loader Pack 8.04

Forge Mod Loader 6.2.61.860

Minecraft Forge 9.10.1.860

CodeChicken Core

NotEnoughItems

TerraFirmaCraft

ReiMinimap

3.4_01

I also use Extrafirma, Archimedes Ships, Custom NPCs and Leather Water Sac, but the three bugs happened in a moment I wasn't using them so I suppose they are optional in recreating the bug. Thanks. By the way, the invisible leaves seem to happen a lot more in FoxTopia server (IP: terrafirmacraft.foxtopia.me:25577), and in other maps it is present in douglas fir. And I noticed that a willow's leaves became invisible when I broke a loose rock near them. Anyways, thanks for your help Kitty.

Your version of forge is outdated. TFC 77.22 is built on 9.10.1.871, as stated on the downloads page. Try updating that and see if it helps with either of the render issues.

I will look into the code for the exception list of what items are allowed to be placed in the vessel, and get back to you on that.

Found the problem with the casting issue you were experiencing, along with a few other funky behaviors. From my current testing it should be fixed in 78. :)

Hehehe nice! You always do a good job Kitty. Bioxx did a wise choice at making you admin!

Tree leaf rendering problem here as well, commented on this thread as well: http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/4872-bald-trees/

I'm using TFC 0.77.22 with latest Forge (...871) with the following mods:

• Custom Recipes 4.4.1
  • Damage Indicators 2.9.2.3
  • Backpacks 1.27.34
  • BiblioCraft 1.5.5
  • CodeChickenCore 0.9.0.5
  • FinderCompass
  • NotEnoughItems 1.6.1.4
  • OptiFine 1.6.2 HD C4
  • Player API
  • Project Bench 1.8.0
  • Ropes+
  • Smart Moving
  • Zan's Minimap

Initially didn't have this problem at all (on TFC 77.21 initially), started appearing on my server and shortly thereafter in new SSP worlds. 77.22 upgrade didn't resolve.

Thanks so much for your help, Kitty!  :D