Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PaoloEmilio

Alternate recipes for fishing rod and bow.

7 posts in this topic

Ok, the bow was invented by the men of Cro-Magnon, thousands of years before copper smelting was discovered, yet we need a saw to make a crafting table. Same with fishing rods, I should be able to fish in the stone age. (Maybe that is simply solved with other method yet I suggest the alternative recipe). There is something wrong in that, right? So I will come up with this idea.

Making a bow: A bow is made by bending a stick to tie with a string and there is a bow. To bend the rod, you just need to heat the stick. To avoid it to be turned to torch, change cook stage to warming (without the *s), hot, very hot, catching fire, lit. When the stick is hot or very hot, just put it in the crafting slot to make a bent stick. It has the form of a bow. Then place it with wool yarn or string.

Making a fishing rod: This one is easy, just place sticks like if you were to make a firestarter, and a string in the lower right free slot. There is a small fishing rod. To make it more effective, knap a hook or make it out of metal. Through the rod could not lose durability, the hook COULD. And if it's a metal hook it is more effective than a stone one. To make it funnier, the string of the fishing rod has a chance of breaking and returning you two sticks (the ones of the rod itself). If it had a hook, you lose the hook. The chances could be of 1 to 100 that the string could break.

Well, anyways... That's all folks! Enjoy the idea.

Well, how about spearing fish?

When you throw a javelin into water, you have a small chance for it to come up with a fish.

I 100% agree with this,  the crafting recipes as of now are quite boring compared to everything else.

This actually seems like a completely valid idea, one of the few I see. It's simple, yet effective, as well as it not being too overpowered. This has my full support!

With all the care and planning put in to making stone/metal tools, it seems strange that they haven't changed the crafting of these items. They are still vanilla.  They are pretty much the only recipes surviving from vanilla minecraft.  I can't imagine they haven't thought about it though.  But I agree. Those recipes, especially the bow, take me out of the immersion of the game.

I think we should have a 'hunting/primitive' bow(sticks and string, and a bit of sucky-ness)

Good for killing rabbits and chickens, but for fully armored people and zombies... not so useful.

And a 'war' bow, with (I have no idea what, but I guess) planks and leather and a cord(lots of string/thread tied together I guess)

High power and range, for fighting.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0