Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
MrBadboy

Biomes/Islands/Biome Generation

2 posts in this topic

Introduction

I will Post Seed, Locations Based on my topic at the bottom.

I was fooling around in creative. To get an idea of the new biome generation system. With the new included biome in Build78, High Plains. Now I spent a lot of time trying to find an area of High Plains. I never did come aross one. Which isn't surprising, as it could take some time to find certain biomes. None the less, what I did come across. Was a chain of islands.

Biome Generation: Islands

Now, no seed is alike and your likely to always find something else with every seed. But off the main land of my seed. About 2,000-3,000 Blocks out. I came across a chain of islands. Now we've all probably seen islands. But these aren't your normally sized islands. These were about 200-300 blocks in size. With the works, Mountains, Forests, Clay. Now there wasn't any rivers. Which I know isn't possible with Minecraft islands. In its current state of biome generation. From what I read in past posts made by the developers. If I'm correct.

Biome Generation: High Hills/Mountains

Also, High Hills seem a lot higher then before. With ores/minerals being able to spawn on any level/layer now. As long as its a certain rock type to spawn within. Making it very visible to find ore/minerals in these type of biomes. Making it quite easy to come acorss ores that are normally much rarer. A lot easier to obtain. The rate of spawn of ores/minerals can always be changed or adjusted. With Build78 new optimized options. But by default its quite easy to come across ores/minerals. As I did, finding at least 3-4 lapis Lazuli viens within a few minutes. Which are normally rare to come across. And many other types of ores/minerals.

Biome Generation In General

Hot Springs/Lava Springs spawn in funky. In some of the most odd positions in certain cases. I welcome any new biome generation and love the extra detail to the world. But like with any update, some patching is always needed. Which is expected with time. This also applies to cave generation near water. This has already been a problem with caverns in previous builds. Caves would spawn through water leaving an open area through the water where the cave would of spawned.

Long Story Short

Those were a few things I wanted to point out. As most of us who play TFC have already noticed. The main point of this topic is tho. The chain of islands I came across. There was at least 3 I found 400-500 blocks apart from each other and 200-300 blocks in lenght. With many smaller islands about as you'd expect. There were most likly even more in the distance from I saw. I'm not use to seeing this type of biome generation in TFC. So it came unexpected and made me ponder. I've always wanted to see this type of biome generation but never came across it. With build78, it makes me wonder. Is this something new with build78? That biome generation out in the sea has been tweaked to allow larger islands to spawn in ocean biomes. I'd welcome any comments on this subject.

Seed/Location/Extra Information

Seed:  -7290334879069344826

x   y   z

Location: 1800+, 200, -11250  This is the location of 1 of the 3 Islands. Theres one more thats alittle to the west-southwest of this location 500 or so blocks out. Another 600-700 blocks out to the east-northeast.

Extra Information: I wasn't able to upload a picture. Using JourneyMap to Map out the world. Becuase the pictures size was to large. If theres another way. Any information on this would be welcomed.

The larger islands back to back was not something new with B78, you just happened to get lucky with that seed. Minecraft uses procedural world generation, so you never know what you're going to get.