Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wonderdude

useful redstone?

9 posts in this topic

So far I absolutely love this mod.Sadly the only thing that keeps me from playing my main time with this mod is the lack of useful redstone.you're so limited to what you can do without repeaters, hoppers, pistons, comparators etc. Without those (or similair type mechanics) this mod can simply not replace my minecraft enjoyment :(It's fun for a while but when you can't improve anything with the enjoyment in using redstone it takes soo much fun out of the "end game"I'd loooove to make this mod my main minecraft experience. But as long as it doesn't have useful redstone, sadly I don't see that happening :(Please add the redstone back.

It might require a lot of work, but redstone is in the game.

You can enable vanilla iron and vanilla recipe recipe in the config to get vanilla iron for hopper, and vanilla wood for piston. Cobble used to be available from mixing lava and water (I know that for b.78 obsidian is not guarantied, so not sure about cobble). And nether quartz could be found in the nether (nether is not stable so I would not build there and of course, I would back up my world. Slime would be tricky for sticky piston.

However, I am not even sure that redstone contraption can be used to automate anything. Of couse it can be use to make an item elevator to drop items in the blast furnace or used to be able to drop sand/gravel in the sluice, but I am not sure if the dropper would work properly with anything.

I think the dev are plaing some sort of automation, but it would not rely on any advanced technology.

I would like to know what kind of contraption you are thinking of.

well, redstone is kinda awkward for TFC....

But on one had it is a shame to let a pretty good system like redstone lie.

On the other hand, a mechanical-energy system could fit it with the game, and allow creative redstone-y stuff like gates and such and such

I have a link somewhere if you're interested about mechanical stuff ideas(or, go look in the suggestions )

Actually, I don't mind typical vanilla redstone system, despite all nice things you could do with it, to be unavailable in default TFC. The thing is, most of what redstone is used for beside some 'artistic pieces' is automation and help with grinding of natural resources, mob farms and so on. I understand that some may enjoy such things in vanilla Minecraft but I sincerely believe it would be horrible for TFC and make lot of team effort regarding in-game exploration, work and survival go to waste.

It might require a lot of work, but redstone is in the game.

You can enable vanilla iron and vanilla recipe recipe in the config to get vanilla iron for hopper, and vanilla wood for piston. Cobble used to be available from mixing lava and water (I know that for b.78 obsidian is not guarantied, so not sure about cobble). And nether quartz could be found in the nether (nether is not stable so I would not build there and of course, I would back up my world. Slime would be tricky for sticky piston.

However, I am not even sure that redstone contraption can be used to automate anything. Of couse it can be use to make an item elevator to drop items in the blast furnace or used to be able to drop sand/gravel in the sluice, but I am not sure if the dropper would work properly with anything.

I think the dev are plaing some sort of automation, but it would not rely on any advanced technology.

I would like to know what kind of contraption you are thinking of.

well, redstone is kinda awkward for TFC....

But on one had it is a shame to let a pretty good system like redstone lie.

On the other hand, a mechanical-energy system could fit it with the game, and allow creative redstone-y stuff like gates and such and such

I have a link somewhere if you're interested about mechanical stuff ideas(or, go look in the suggestions )

I was mainly not referring to automations of stuff, I'm not really sure that fits too well with TFC, TFC is all about survival. automating everything doesn't necessarily fit in. I just love the creative freedom you get when you have pistons, comparators, repeaters and hoppers to work with. It adds a whole other layer of creativity within minecraft. and it saddens me to the redstone already implemented in TFC not really being used for anything. (I will definitely try to see if I can do a workaround like you mentioned)if it doesn't get implemented :(

try something, and report us your experimentations ;)

I'm sure some will be please to read them.

I mostly like building hidden doors or massive gates with redstone, and I did miss that in TFC. But some system with chains and counter weights would be cooler, and fit the style better I think.

In the meantime, I use the custom recipe option from Custom NPCs to add in pistons and such.

And nether quartz could be found in the nether (nether is not stable so I would not build there and of course,

Any attempt I have made to enter the nether has resulted in a game crash that prevents me from re-entering the world so I would avoid it for now. In the past build it worked, it just doesn't right now

Any attempt I have made to enter the nether has resulted in a game crash that prevents me from re-entering the world so I would avoid it for now. In the past build it worked, it just doesn't right now

I never tried. I tought it was not working before but now was more stable. Guess I was wrong.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0