Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
3MASTERMIND2

Update release?

15 posts in this topic

I cant seem to notice that the next update is taking quite a while to be released compared to previous versions. Just curious as to roughly when it will be released and what features can we expect to see implemented? Any feedback would be much appreciated!

The team has stated that there will be no more Build 78 bugfix releases because the continuing progress into Build 79 makes maintaining two versions and cross-porting between them more and more impractical. And honestly, 78.17 doesn't have any major bugs remaining.

As for actual content releases? Well, take a look at this:

Build 75: December 30th, 2012Build 76: April 3rd, 2013Build 77: August 19th, 2013Build 78: April 10th, 2014

TFC has always had its content updates in very rare yet very big packages. A poll conducted earlier this year revealed that a majority of the community is okay with major releases taking three months; although the most often chosen singular option was "whenever [the devs] feel like it".

Come to think of it, actually, I am curious how the poll was received by the dev team, and whether or not it influences the development of Build 79. Is it "business as usual", with the release being finalized when both Bioxx and Dunk agree that it "feels complete"? Has there been an internal target set? Maybe an influence of some other kind? Note that I'm not even asking for any dates, I'd just like to know the thoughts the poll inspired.

We've stopped working on hotfixes for Build 78, and are currently working on Build 79, that has a main focus of porting to Minecraft 1.7+.

In case you don't understand how the version numbers work: 0.78.17

0 is the major build, in this case it means that the mod is still in beta. This will change to 1 when the mod is considered to no longer be in beta, and 2 if the mod were to be completely rewritten from scratch to basically be a new mod.

78 is the minor build, which focuses on adding new features to the game.

17 is the hotfix number, which focuses primarily on simply fixing bugs and crashes with the game. Very rarely new features are added with this updates, mainly only in combination with a bug fix.

Just for perspective, 0.77.22 (the last hotfix for 77) was released around 02-Dec-2013, and 0.78.0 was released around 10-Apr-2014, so just over 4 months. This minor version change also didn't have to do a large change in Minecraft version number (1.6.2 to 1.6.4), while 79 is going to have to port from 1.6+ to 1.7+, which is a massive undertaking considering how much behind the scenes Minecraft has changed.

Come to think of it, actually, I am curious how the poll was received by the dev team, and whether or not it influences the development of Build 79. Is it "business as usual", with the release being finalized when both Bioxx and Dunk agree that it "feels complete"? Has there been an internal target set? Maybe an influence of some other kind? Note that I'm not even asking for any dates, I'd just like to know the thoughts the poll inspired.

The "feels complete" is still the rule of thumb for when a new release happens. In my opinion, the poll was more of an influence on when to stop adding new content, and just focus on finishing what can be done to make the release feel "worth it." For example, body temperature was already in the works for 78, but after the poll the decision was made that finishing the body temperature system would put the release date too far into the future, so it was simply commented out and pushed back to the next version.

The team has stated that there will be no more Build 78 bugfix releases because the continuing progress into Build 79 makes maintaining two versions and cross-porting between them more and more impractical. And honestly, 78.17 doesn't have any major bugs remaining.

As for actual content releases? Well, take a look at this:

Build 75: December 30th, 2012Build 76: April 3rd, 2013Build 77: August 19th, 2013Build 78: April 10th, 2014

TFC has always had its content updates in very rare yet very big packages. A poll conducted earlier this year revealed that a majority of the community is okay with major releases taking three months; although the most often chosen singular option was "whenever [the devs] feel like it".

Ive found alot of dupping bugs that work on servers. and a hand full of crashing bugs that will not only crash you but servers as well

Ive found alot of dupping bugs that work on servers. and a hand full of crashing bugs that will not only crash you but servers as well

Then you should report those bugs, and exactly how to reproduce them on the Support forum. We can't fix them unless we know about them.

Then you should report those bugs, and exactly how to reproduce them on the Support forum. We can't fix them unless we know about them.

Did you not just say bug fix phase is over. I had put some up and got no reply on one and "disproved" on one other

Did you not just say bug fix phase is over. I had put some up and got no reply on one and "disproved" on one other

Yes we have stopped doing basic minor hotfixes for bugs. However, if there was a very large exploit or something that was causing the game to crash, then we would consider fixing it for 78 and releasing 78.18

Yes we have stopped doing basic minor hotfixes for bugs. However, if there was a very large exploit or something that was causing the game to crash, then we would consider fixing it for 78 and releasing 78.18

Well i have gotten the dup bug twice, have yet to pin down the cause but it was to do with shift clicking things well metal working. inbox if you want detail.

Well i have gotten the dup bug twice, have yet to pin down the cause but it was to do with shift clicking things well metal working. inbox if you want detail.

You can post the details on the support forum. We do not require secrecy about dupe bugs, because it is very helpful for other members to confirm that they can reproduce the bug using the same details. If other players read about the dupe bug and decide to exploit it in their own game or servers, that is their decision, and the server owners will have to take their own steps to prevent abuse. TFC is still in beta, and as such server owners know that it is a "host at your own risk" situation.

You can post the details on the support forum. We do not require secrecy about dupe bugs, because it is very helpful for other members to confirm that they can reproduce the bug using the same details. If other players read about the dupe bug and decide to exploit it in their own game or servers, that is their decision, and the server owners will have to take their own steps to prevent abuse. TFC is still in beta, and as such server owners know that it is a "host at your own risk" situation.

I understand ill just keep the report to myself thank you for your help and understanding

It is your choice if you wish to not report the bug, but keep in mind that this is very disrespectful to the TFC community. We cannot fix bugs unless we are told about them, and using bugs for personal gain and intentionally not reporting them is a horribly selfish thing to do. Saying "I found something that can be exploited, and I know how to reproduce it" and then not giving further details only hurts TFC and its community. If you do not want to help TFC grow and become a better mod, then you are no longer welcome on these forums.

It is your choice if you wish to not report the bug, but keep in mind that this is very disrespectful to the TFC community. We cannot fix bugs unless we are told about them, and using bugs for personal gain and intentionally not reporting them is a horribly selfish thing to do. Saying "I found something that can be exploited, and I know how to reproduce it" and then not giving further details only hurts TFC and its community. If you do not want to help TFC grow and become a better mod, then you are no longer welcome on these forums.

1st- I put up a post and nothing was done or said about it on there, i brought it up on other posts and little to nothing more was done.

2nd- not once did i say i was using them to gain anything please don't put words in my mouth.

3rd- I am not going to post and post and post about it if I feel its not going anywhere.the OP has almost 250 views and one reply. (See 1)

4th Yes i found something that can be exploited. but I don't know how to reproduce it i have ideas and i shared all i know again please don't put words in my mouth

And last but not least Pretty sure if i didn't care about TFC i wouldn't be playing many hours of the day helping many people on the server i play and diff wouldn't be trying to learn as much about the mod as i can and sure wouldn't be making a deal out of a bug like this. heck i wouldn't be on this forum post at all. I'm more then glad to help (i love to help) but if you are going to keep being short with me and writing me off like some kid then I feel no inclination to to lend a hand. 

inbox if you want detail.

I understand ill just keep the report to myself thank you for your help and understanding

Both of these suggest that you are indeed not sharing all that you know. I didn't put either of those sentences in your mouth.

What about the whole post yeah?

And i again ask you to read the last part of my post again.