Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MisterMikey

Gold Panning does not work. :(

7 posts in this topic

Hi I have been trying to gold pan for hrs. I mean hrs and it does not seem to work for me. I have a gold pan, I went to a river and I made flowing water just like I have seen in 1000 vids on youtube. I have tried sand gravel nothing seems to work. I have the gold pan in my hand and then right click and nothing happens no matter where I point. I have the most up to date download. 0.78.17 for mac Mcv 1.6.4 please help.. I love the game but I can do this. :(( PLEASE.

Videos on youtube are often out of date. Kitty does a fantastic job of keeping the Wiki up to date, so please use it.

I suspect you are using the gold pan on underwater sand/gravel. This nolonger works as of version 78.14 (released May 8th). Dig the sand/gravel up out of the water and place it on the ground. Then you can use the pan on the sand/gravel to fill the pan, then right click the pan on the flowing water.

Are you filling the gold pan from sand/gravel that is not underwater?  You used to be able to fill a gold pan with sand/gravel that was underwater, now you have to find it above water or shovel it out.  Once you have a filled gold pan you use it (Right click default) with the flowing water. If your arm with the pan isn't moving (like it does when you use other tools) you aren't clicking in the right spot.  It can be a little finicky to click in the right spot on the flowing water.

Hi. I did dig up the sand or gravel and still I can't get the gold pan full. I did read the wiki many times and I have tried everything. I have flowing water I dug up gravel and sand and placed it next to the water but when I click it nothing happens.

You have to right click to fill the gold pan with sand/gravel and then use that under water.  Are you able to get the pan filled?

Well thank you everyone.. I got it. It only works with gravel and not sand or any other block just gravel but it does work.. Thank you for all your support and ideas :))

It should work with sand too - It's worked fine for me with either sand or gravel.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0