Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
DamienLoki

More T6 Metal options?

8 posts in this topic

I think that more options for T6 armour and tools would be interesting, lending people to personalise more with the end game materials.

Given that red and blue steel are identicle except for a few T2 alloys, it suggests that those alloys are what determine the colour of the armour. If those alloy combinations could be changed to allow more colours, such as rose gold and bis bronze make a purple steel, or brass and sterling silver make a yellow.

Obviously there would be some issue with the protection given, perhaps one could be better protecting from crushing, and another a middle ground, etc.

More colourful armor could be fun. If aethetics become a thing, maybe we can do gold and silver inlays too.

maybe we can do gold and silver inlays too.

You know, I actually had a post a while back about adding an optional and highly difficult 'finishing' step to smith-ed items to make them more decorative. I think this would be a nice way to do that

That might be a little difficult though to present in a 16x16 texture.

Which makes me think, didn't there used to be plans to potentially convert all of TFC to 32x textures? What happened to that?

That might be a little difficult though to present in a 16x16 texture.

Which makes me think, didn't there used to be plans to potentially convert all of TFC to 32x textures? What happened to that?

I may be wrong, but wasn't that one of RogueHydra's things? I do believe he is no longer the texture artist for TFC

Capt_Slowpoke is the current texture artist. There was indeed a debate at one point to convert everything to 32x, which would essentially just take the Block Heads texture pack, and make it the default textures.

http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/1636-

Eventually the idea was scrapped, and it was just decided that if people want 32x, they can use that resource/texture pack.

I think having the chance to inlay or trim armor and tools would be awesome and something we should keep at the top of the list.

I'd also prefer some ability to change final look of the armor - but only to a certain degree - change of tint of armor's default color, slight change in model or texture (so, say, every armor from iron up will have an option of sporting enclosed helmet). I do not like OP idea of adding new high tier metals just for variety in armors. Arguably, buckets aside, the whole tier is decorational at this point as usually by the time one has enough materials to make full suit of red/blue steel armor, there's no need for one.