Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
SirWilli

MineFantasy

11 posts in this topic

hey,

it seems that MineFantasy doesn't work with Terrafirmacraft. I allways get this crash:

http://pastebin.com/Y2bem8KC

I tried to change the Bellows ID to a other ID and also to 0 but it changed nothing.

Is there any change to get this to work?

Unfortunately, you didn't include the complete crash report, so there isn't much we can do to help you. If you would like to include the entire report, there may be more that we can do for support.

Unfortunately, you didn't include the complete crash report, so there isn't much we can do to help you. If you would like to include the entire report, there may be more that we can do for support.

http://pastebin.com/dT0EC3wi

I see the pastbin link he included.

http://pastebin.com/Y2bem8KC

Yes, but that link is only the partial report. The bottom half of it was missing.

After looking at the Minefantasy wiki, I'm wondering why exactly you want to use it in combination with TFC. Keep in mind that TFC removes a lot of vanilla content, and completely overhauls world gen. While you can use the TFCOres.cfg file to make the minefantasy ores spawn, there is currently no ore dictionary and therefore cross compatibility between the TFC and MF ores. So the copper from TFC will not be able to be used as the copper for MF, and vice versa. You'll also have to progress through both of the mod's individual tech tiers. You won't be able to use the TFC blast furnace to make MF steel and vice versa.

If Minefantasy adds anything to world generation other than ores, it's also extremely likely that it will now show up in the TFC world.

You're also going to need to turn on the vanilla crafting option in the TFC config for item conversion, as well as use a 3rd party mod like Minetweaker to create recipes for the other mod items, since a lot of the ingredient components cannot be obtained with TFC. One example of this is dirt. It looks like you need a 2x2 of dirt blocks to make a sharp rock. The TFC dirt blocks will not work for this recipe, and there are no vanilla dirt blocks generated in a TFC world.

I also see that you have Grimoire of Gaia installed. I'm not very familiar with this mod, but a quick glance shows that it basically adds new mobs to the game. Keep in mind that TFC completely overhauls the health system, making the player have around 1000HP instead of 20HP, with all of the other mobs and damages scaled. Unless there is an option to increase the Grimoire mob's max health in that mod's config files, many of them are going to die from a single punch with a fist, or simply from fall damage when they fall 3 blocks.

As for the crash, which bellows ID did you change? Both TFC and MF have a bellows item. Did you try changing the ID of both of them, in the respective mod's config files? The other possibility is that the conflict is with the unlocalized name of the tile entity when it is being registered to the game. If this is the case, then nothing can be done to fix this crash currently.

I know that. My plan is to change the not working recipes with minetweaker and for the ores I want to add Ex Nihilo which allows to get everything from trees.

Grimoire of Gaia has this options in the config:

modifier {    # Percentage amount. Default value: 100    S:" "=     I:Tier1attackDamage=100    I:Tier1maxHealth=100    I:Tier2attackDamage=100    I:Tier2maxHealth=100    I:Tier3attackDamage=100    I:Tier3maxHealth=100}

So I can change the health and damage so that it matches the TFC changes. The only problem is that not any mob of this mod spawns with the TFC mod.

I tried to change both ID's to air (0) I also tried to change both ID's to others but it still crashes.

Are you able to run everything else without TFC installed? A quick google search of the Duplicate ID crash shows the issue being the duplicate within a single mod, and not a conflict between mods.

Double check if running everything except TFC still crashes. If this is the case, the duplicate is within MineFantasy's code, and you'll have to let them know to fix it.

I'd also suggest updating your java to Version 7 Update 60, since you are currently running update 55.

Alright, then like I said before, "the conflict is with the unlocalized name of the tile entity when it is being registered to the game. If this is the case, then nothing can be done to fix this crash currently."

You'll have to wait until 79 is released (which probably won't be for a few months) before you can try again. Hopefully, since 1.7 changes a lot of stuff behind the scenes with how blocks and items are registered, it will be smart enough to tell the difference between Terrafirmacraft:Bellows and MineFantasy:Bellows. If the crash still happens in 79, then we'll look into renaming the item into the code to something like TFCBellows to avoid this conflict.

Hm okay.

So the TFC team works on a 1.7 version? If yes will there be updates backports for 1.6?

Edit: Any idea why mobs from other mods don't spawn with TFC?

We are currently working on 79, which is for Minecraft 1.7. All work on 78 has ceased, and we will not be doing any backporting for fixes unless it is something extremely severe, like world destroying crashes that cannot be avoided in 78.17.

Edit: As stated in the official bug list:

http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/4662-read-before-posting-7817-official-bug-list/

"Development focus has moved forwards to Build 79, so there will be no more hotfixes for Build 78 unless there is a need to fix something severe such as major crashes."

Edit 2: The only reason I can think of mobs from other mods not spawning is if those mobs require vanilla blocks to spawn on. For example, vanilla cows require vanilla grass blocks to spawn. Since there are no vanilla grass blocks in TFC, no vanilla cows spawn.