Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Codaisthisguy

[Solved] New to the mod, having charcoal pit problems.

8 posts in this topic

Boy, this is a bit emberrasing.So I have been pretty hard at work in my first survival world. Ran in clueless, with the wiki up on my second laptop for every step of the way. Have a few copper tools, and one bismuth bronze prospector pick. I figured with my progress, a forge might be a nice addition now that I have bricks to set up foundations for my step into the next age of metalworking......Buuuuut... I've come into contact with a hilariously simple issue, and after looking intently through the forum and wiki, I've gotten no answers.So to explain, I have tried many different methods of the charcoal pit, logs in the firepit, full stack above it, middle, off to the side, just about every configuration possible... but there's a quirk that doesn't add up for me. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but not only does the firepit not recognize logs or any tested wooden materials above it, but I can't actually place logs or log piles above it at all directly.For example, in the wiki where it suggests the 5x5 cornerless configuration, after setting up the fire pit, sticking in a few logs, I shift click a log against the wall, the pit itself, even clicked without holding shift, and I can't get a log pile started above the fire pit. Then I tried methods where you add the fire pit last, out the side of the pit, and cover it there. Had to place a log pile on top of another, dug the bottom out, and placed the fire pit... nothin. 

I'm not about to let this ruin my game, as I know a few sources of coal a day's wandering from my home area, and I'll just cope if it's something I can't fix. This is quite annoying though.Also, the problem started on beta 79.3... I think, 2 days ago. I just upgraded to .5, and the issue is still there, even when testing in creative.the Fastcraft mod is also installed, and I will be updating it after this post if one is available.

you do not need a fire pit for charcoal pit any more, look at changelog for b79 :) Just throw a torch on the top logpile and then cover it.

you do not need a fire pit for charcoal pit any more, look at changelog for b79 :) Just throw a torch on the top logpile and then cover it.

.....what....I've been at this for over 18 hours, trouble shooting... If this is legitimate I'm going to burst into tears.

http://terrafirmacraft.com/change_log.html

"Rewrote how charcoal pits are created. They’ve finally reached my original vision. Firepits are no longer needed for the creation of charcoal(this was always weird right?). Instead after creating your pile of log piles and covering it over, you drop a torch on top of any logpile. After a few seconds, the torch will disappear and that logpile will mark itself for charcoal creation. It will then propagate this to all log piles that it touches. At this point it should be fully covered over lest the whole thing burn up"

I'm sorry, really, but I do not understand, can you put a picture?I put a torch on it, but nothing is happening.

I'm sorry, really, but I do not understand, can you put a picture?I put a torch on it, but nothing is happening.

Alright, follow the steps in the wiki for making a simple charcoal pit, remember to add as many logs into each pile as possible for better results.Do not hollow out the middle of the pile though, just follow the steps up to where it is "almost" covered, cover all the logs except the middle to make things easier.When you're ready, drop a torch (Don't place it, drop it with Q or whatever button it is bound too, or drag it out of your inventory.) onto the top of the exposed logs and wait for it to catch fire. When it does, cover the burning logs and the pile will start to smoke (90% of the time at least.)That's about it, when it's done, harvest your charcoal with a shovel.

"drop" .... ok i'm sorry.

Thank you very much.

This is the reason why there is the big yellow message at the top of every single page on the wiki:

Currently under construction for the 79 update.

The majority of the information on this wiki is not currently up to date with the latest version of TFC. This information is to be used at your own risk, as it is possible that is no longer correct in the current latest version of TFC: 0.79.4.224. It is also possible that pages are missing information regarding new mechanics in the current version. For a brief summary of accurate, up-to-date information, please check the Changelog.