Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
CreepyD

Should we be able to fill from running water?

7 posts in this topic

I just piped some fresh water about 30 blocks so it was under my house and built the beginnings of a basement, just because I wanted easier access to fill up my water bottles and such.

Now I find although it quenches my thirst standing in the running stream, I can't fill my water jugs, is that how it's suppose to be?

I can understand buckets because they need a source water block, but the jugs don't.

Can't see the logic in this one myself :)

Minecraft is weird in how it handles the "hitbox" of flowing water, and we haven't figured it out yet.

On a sidenote: If we figure out how to fill jugs from flowing water, then we'll figure out the reason why quick panning still works, so we can disable it. So either you can keep quick panning, and just fill up barrels of fresh water and take those back to your house to drink from... Or you'll be able to fill jugs from flowing water, but quick panning won't work anymore.

Minecraft is weird in how it handles the "hitbox" of flowing water, and we haven't figured it out yet.

On a sidenote: If we figure out how to fill jugs from flowing water, then we'll figure out the reason why quick panning still works, so we can disable it. So either you can keep quick panning, and just fill up barrels of fresh water and take those back to your house to drink from... Or you'll be able to fill jugs from flowing water, but quick panning won't work anymore.

Has anyone used any in world tests? I'm no java coder, but can you look the hitbox of a block from in game data or saves? The developers might be able to force spawn some flowing water blocks and see what makes them work.

What is 'quick panning'?

What is 'quick panning'?

Placing a gravel block underneath the flowing water, so all you have to do is hold right click and it will fill the pan and empty it all at once. Then you just have to switch over to place another gravel block when you use up the first one.

I'd rather be able to fill my jugs from the flowing water than have quick panning :)

I only recently discovered that, and it's still pretty fast holding right mouse button, and looking up at a gravel block and back down at the water, repeat.

And that's only for the first part of the game, where gathering water is forever.

I suppose I could gather it from barrels instead thinking about it now they now catch rainwater..!