Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Saberwulfy

Rope ladders

4 posts in this topic

Place wood ladders on any surface are annoying, problematic and weird, so...

Rope used in a pole to can be a slow solution and rope with rungs a good solution, either can be easily fully removed.

Sizes of rope can be joined like the used for food

Placing a rope or a rope ladder in a fence side, it will scan for "stretch".

Look she was sad playing terrafirmacraft, but now she have a new rope ladder

Posted Image

I'm....not sure I understood anything you said.

"Place wood ladders on any surface are annoying, problematic and weird, so..."

Are you saying there is something logistically wrong with placing wooden ladders, or just saying that it is annoying that they can only be placed on a surface?

"Rope used in a pole to can be a slow solution and rope with rungs a good solution, either can be easily fully removed"

No idea what idea you're tying to convey here.

"Sizes of rope can be joined like the used for food"

I wasn't aware rope was in any way related to food in TFC. Also, are you saying that you should be able to combine ropes to make larger ropes? Or perhaps saying that you can add length to an existing rope ladder with more rope?

"Placing a rope or a rope ladder in a fence side, it will scan for "stretch"."

Placing a rope ladder on a fence does...what exactly? What is "stretch"?

I think what Saberwulfy is trying to say is it's annoying that ladders can only be placed on blocks.

I mean, come on, I'm sure you all had moments when you wanted to go down that cliff, but had to dig out a staircase because of that one space with no blocks that your ladder couldn't bridge, or was standing on a ledge, and had to walk all the way around to get down.

Plus, ladders in real life where not all bolted to a wall(Like say, siege ladders), so having ladders limited like this is somewhat weird.

And instead of rope being stackable items, their 'amount' can be stored in NBT data( is that what their called?) like the food items ounce system. No idea why this has anything to do with anything, but...

By 'stretch' I'm guessing the idea is that if you have a rope ladder that is already placed, and right-click with another rope ladder, it will check if the ladder can be extended any longer, and if it can be extended, extend it. 

"Rope used in a pole to can be a slow solution and rope with rungs a good solution, either can be easily fully removed"

Don't understand this much too, but I think it's the bit where the entire 'we can use a rope ladder to solve the "ladders need blocks' problem' bit comes in.

"Place wood ladders on any surface are annoying, problematic and weird, so..."

Are you saying there is something logistically wrong with placing wooden ladders, or just saying that it is annoying that they can only be placed on a surface?

wood ladders stick on stone?

No idea what idea you're tying to convey here.

You can use ropes instead a ladder, but u will move move slow going up and down

"Sizes of rope can be joined like the used for food"

I wasn't aware rope was in any way related to food in TFC. Also, are you saying that you should be able to combine ropes to make larger ropes? Or perhaps saying that you can add length to an existing rope ladder with more rope?

add length to an existing rope ladder with more rope ladder

"Placing a rope or a rope ladder in a fence side, it will scan for "stretch"."

Placing a rope ladder on a fence does...what exactly? What is "stretch"?

You can tie a rope on fence. Unroll, extend, uncoil

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0