Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aliceingame

Sorry

2 posts in this topic

I would have sent a msg directly to Kitty, but it seems that I do not have the ability to send msg.

I want to say that I am sorry about the post about reconstructing TFC, I did not want to be offensive toward Dunk, Bioxx, you or anybody who putted effort in TFC. I guess that I have not been clear about the fact that is only pure speculation, "what if...". My question was "what do you think TFC could be if" and not a statement like "let's do it".

And I still wonder, what could happen if some elements of TFC where written in a different way, any many of the thing I have in mind would have no impact on the final game content and gameplay.

You might know Bioxx better than me, but I am sure that he already thought about a rewrite of TFC at some point. You know, when Dunk was almost the lead developer, he implemented the ingot stack and the new leather processing and the barrels, then, Bioxx was planning TFC 2, but he ended up ditching it and came back on TFC. Who know, they might not need to be well paid to think about rewriting TFC (to actually do it is a different thing as I guess they would rather write new features than re-do everything).

Maybe I am just wondering about how the suggestions and the discussions about actual or future feature have a direct influence on what is actually coded. Maybe I am just wondering about the value of a valid and logical argumentation and it's impact on the game.

Again, I am sorry...

I hate it when developers rewrite the whole game, as it always takes them such a long time to get back to it. I know a friend who's working on a game, and he hasn't been able to release an update for the game since 2012, which is when he started to rewrite it. It not only makes us wait longer (Which isn't the part I'm worried about), it makes other's lose interest, and the developers lose themselves. The only way I can see this working, is if it goes on in the background, alongside with the current TFC. Otherwise, everyone will get all angry at the DEVs, and either leave, or post hate-mail every two seconds.

(Plus, I love updating TFC. :3)

Then again, rewriting would help them add in ALLLL those things they can't do now. Such as changing time to be longer (As was discussed somewhere else), or anything else they've hit as brick walls. If they COULD manage to get a TFC2 working, that would be a significant improvement!

If they can pull it off in a short enough time to not kill the community, or slowly reel it in as they focus on the big fish, then I'm all for it. Please don't waste your time DEVs if you don't think it's a good idea. So far, I like everything about the mod! Just do what you think is right, and don't lose hope! I'll always be waiting for that next update.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0