Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
JDCollie

Mobs and Damage Overhaul

35 posts in this topic

This is my new sig, and I love you.

Now.. I love this idea. I would +1 it all day if I could.

...But.

I think it may be just a bit too much. Too much complication, too much code, too much headache fuel for bioxx. You want to see a battle system that works like this? Come play D&D 3.5e with me sometime. It's the terrafirmacraft of tabletop RPGs.

Agreed. This idea is amazing, I would love it but it does seem a bit too much "headache fuel" for bioxx. :(

Playing minecraft for its combat system is like playing Call of Duty for its side scrolling elements.

WIN!

it would be nice to see a more sensible mob spawning mechanic. mobs appearing out of nowhere when it gets dark doesn't make sense. it's a pain when you're trying to get started and it's just bothersome when you've got things going. mob nests would make more sense. they could work like dungeons, only above ground with specific rewards. maybe nests could be created, so you would have to go out and raid nests so that your village isn't overrun. i also like the idea of specific weapons working better on mobs, it would give a reason for specialized kits or groups of people having different weapons.

It would make sense for regular spiders to spawn in heavily forested areas, complete with cobweb "webs", similar to what you see with vanilla mineshafts surrounded cave spider spawners.

This would give the player an early source of string, if they're able to quickly get it before the spiders show up to stop them from wrecking their home. It also means the monsters are located to a general area rather than just appearing randomly. If the TFC team wanted to be particularly sadistic, they could have spider nests have a higher chance to spawn near higher-quality lumber like hickory and oak :)

The creeper nest concept in the OP is already a great idea. Skeletons and zombies could spawn in and around randomly-generated "barrows" structures or things like that. Endermen would be the only monster that would make sense to spawn randomly, considering they're just extraplanar visitors just wandering around and looking at stuff - they show up randomly, do their E.T. thing, and leave randomly.

woah, necro much?

So much has changed since this suggestion its not even funny. All current hostile mobs will have their spawning mechanics change so that they spawn in only certain spots underground, and there has been another damage system thread since then. While this suggestion is good, it's a bit old and dated for what TFC is now.

But anyways, welcome to the forums!

woah, necro much?

So much has changed since this suggestion its not even funny. All current hostile mobs will have their spawning mechanics change so that they spawn in only certain spots underground, and there has been another damage system thread since then. While this suggestion is good, it's a bit old and dated for what TFC is now.

well you see he more returned this thread to it's controller's hand, if he had necroed it, it would be a black zombie in addition to all other types

Come now noodles, you're deliberatly derailing the thread. You know better then that.

Come now noodles, you're deliberatly derailing the thread. You know better then that.

yknow theres a difference between derailing and a single of topic post, and besides, this thread is pretty much dead anyway as this is going to be obsolete due to the new mob system

*shrugs* I guess haha :)

woah, necro much?

It's only a few months old. I didn't think it'd be necessary to make a new post when this already has the same ideas.

I haven't noticed any significant changes to monsters from vanilla, and there's nothing in the wiki about it. Creepers are still creepers, zombies and skeletons are still around. I seem to find more spiders than I do on vanilla but that could just be perception.

Thing is, the changes aren't in effect yet. They are confirmed by Dunk (one of the devs) though. While they may not be in the game yet, reading any of the recent mob spawning threads you would know what was in the works. The wiki really isn't meant to have everything, and with how much this mod updates, it's quite a ridiculous prospect to have a wiki that is completely up to date. Just in the future, its better to talk about something in a more recent thread rather than a really old one.

(fyi: on this forum, a few months is forever ago, because of how much this mod updates and changes)

sorry I came across a bit cross, I'm not usually that mean, I just didn't see why you would revive an old thread, with so many more recent similar threads.