Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Ali Bob

[Solved] Crashed and reset char skills

3 posts in this topic

Hi all!

I recently found this mod and have had a lot of fun with it, but after a couple of years I felt like I had nothing more to do. Then I discovered TechNodefirmacraft in the ATLauncher(mod compilation).

I encountered a bit of a problem where I got mauled by a bear and my game froze - which I have never encountered in 'vanilla' TFC, so thats probably something with the modpack / me. I had to force quit the game and restart to fix it. But I started at spawn with an empty inventory. After a couple of curse words and a bit of running, I was back on track with backup tools. I didn't notice that my charecter skills also had reset till the following spring(10 mins ago), when I tried to use a hoe and couldn't get the nutrient levels to show. All of this is sort of irrelevant backstory for my following question.

Is there any way to manually set my skills(via ingame commands / file editing)?

I know you probably can't / won't open up that can of worms to bugfix a 3rd party modpack problem, but I'm hoping that its possible to do a quickfix. All the tools /armor werent that big of a deal, but I'd love to get my skills back.

Edited by Ali Bob

Yes there is a command called giveskill that you can use. Make sure that you have debug mode enabled by either editing the config file to enable it, or using the /debugmode command to toggle it. The syntax is

/giveskill playerName skill.skillName number

The different skill names are skill.armorsmith, skill.gensmith, skill.toolsmith, skill.weaponsmith, skill.agriculture, skill.cooking, skill.prospecting, skill.butchering

As for what number you should use, it depends on the skill since they all increase at different rates. Here's the numbers you'd use to reach the very start of Adept, Expert and Master levels:

General Smithing: 84, 250, 750

Tool/Armor/Weapon Smithing: 34, 100, 300

Agriculture: 100, 300, 900

Cooking: 68, 200, 600

Prospecting: 500, 1500, 4500

Butchering: 34, 100, 300

The only other thing to note is that the bar isn't a linear scale, so halfway between two level numbers (e.g. 84 & 250 = 167) is going to put you closer to having the bar 60-70% complete.

This was exactly what I was looking for. I have tried one of the commands and it seems to work as you said. I'm going to tinker more after work.

Thank you!