Edit Style
Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Heinrich's Guide to Surviving in Terrafirmacraft <<Oh Noes! He's back!>>

Terrafirmacraft survival noob guide help New

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

uoheinrich

uoheinrich

Wood Cutter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
Hey guys, I know I'm recent to the forums and to TFC but I can't seem to find anyone's videos that are extremely helpful to newbies when they play TerraFirmaCraft. I watched the Spotters Guide but I didn't know that rocks were being used to create tools until way later on in the series. So in order to help newbies and answer any questions that they might need (and to also lower the traffic on redundant posts on the forums) I'm doing this new survivors guide. I've really enjoyed this mod and can't think of any reason to help the community out even more. So here we go, going to put up three videos today to start the series off and I'll have the links in the forum post below so if people don't want to browse youtube they can come here and just click the link. Hope you enjoy and here's to a wonderful start!

Status updates are the last post in the forum! (Usually)

Season 1:
Ep. 1 The First Night
Ep. 2 The Next Steps
Ep. 3 A New Beginning
Ep. 4 The Magic of Chisels
Ep. 5 Bringing Down the Hammer 1
Ep. 6 Bringing Down the Hammer 2
Ep. 7 Mining Techniques 1

Season 2:
Ep. 1 The Dangerous Road Ahead
Ep. 2 Maintaining Survival
Ep. 3 Making Charcoal
Ep. 4 Building the Forge
Ep. 5 Working the Forge

All videos available on my youtube channel linked here: http://www.youtube.c...la?feature=mhee

Posted Image

Jed1314

Jed1314

Silver Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • LocationScotland
Awesome man :)

There is also some outdated information and stuff that is floating around because of the age of some of the videos for new players, so it's good that way :)

Beware the Lemon Scourge!

If violence didn't solve your problem, then you failed to resort to enough of it.

uoheinrich

uoheinrich

Wood Cutter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
Episode 1 is out! Link is here!

Also can anybody tell me how to not make it come out as the actual video in the forum <_<

Posted Image

Scooterdanny

Scooterdanny

Mad God of Forks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 918 posts
  • LocationIn the deep reaches of... Aw who am i kidding, USA
Hmm... says video unavailable due to processing, i will check back tomorrow.
Seems to be the actual video to me Heinrich.

And incidentally, braised anus is an excellent source of fiber, as well as a french delicacy

Infinity is easy to understand, Just start counting up from 0, Then never stop

uoheinrich

uoheinrich

Wood Cutter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
Sorry about that it is done now. And I want it to just link to the youtube page so that its not embedding and causing bandwith issues.

Posted Image

uoheinrich

uoheinrich

Wood Cutter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
Two hours until the next video is up and available for viewing! Need some help in compressing videos for faster upload times. If someone could help me out.

Posted Image

uoheinrich

uoheinrich

Wood Cutter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
Ok guys with build 49 out I'm gonna reset my tutorial world since we have new world and terrain generation. I think it will be extremely relevant to help newbies out with this so I will come back with episode 3, and expect it to be a long one!

Posted Image

Scooterdanny

Scooterdanny

Mad God of Forks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 918 posts
  • LocationIn the deep reaches of... Aw who am i kidding, USA
Awesome Heinrich, this will really help new players to the mod!

And incidentally, braised anus is an excellent source of fiber, as well as a french delicacy

Infinity is easy to understand, Just start counting up from 0, Then never stop

uoheinrich

uoheinrich

Wood Cutter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
Just so you all know there are more episodes on the way! I'm just waiting for the 1.3.2 build of TFC to stabilize before continuing. Don't want to deal with too many bugs and what not.

Posted Image

uoheinrich

uoheinrich

Wood Cutter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
We're getting close to a stable build! I hope its done by the end of the week. In the meantime might do some server play.

Posted Image

uoheinrich

uoheinrich

Wood Cutter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
Good news guys Episode 3 is being uploaded tonight and Episodes 4 and 5 will be up tomorrow! Woo! Here's to 49J!

Posted Image

LordOfWolves

LordOfWolves

404 error: User not found

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts
  • LocationItaly Spaghetti Pizza Mandolino Pasta Pizza Pizza Pizza!!!
I don't think this will work, because I never posted a video, but try writing the link between [ url ] and [/ url ]. It should give you an url in place of the video. Try it and if it doesn't work, I don't know...Of course write it without the spaces.

STOP! NO MORE DOGE! NOW MOON MOON TIME!

Compact signature, Moon Moon says!!!

Spoiler

uoheinrich

uoheinrich

Wood Cutter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
Ok guys had a hiccup when uploading to youtube. Its not playing my voice so unfortunately all those episodes are deleted. Its ok though cause I'm reuploading them and by tomorrow afternoon you should have 4 episodes to watch!

Posted Image

Watsaru

Watsaru

Caveman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationIndiana
Awesome letsplay man :) Keep it up these noobs need all the help they can get .

uoheinrich

uoheinrich

Wood Cutter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
Thanks Watsaru, I appreciate the support. Also episodes3 and 4 our out with episode 5, 6, and 7 being uploaded by tonight. Considering it takes me 3 hours to upload 1 video I think its ridiculous.

Posted Image

uoheinrich

uoheinrich

Wood Cutter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
Hey guys obligatory bump post with knowledge of a massive update! Check the first post as always.

Posted Image

uoheinrich

uoheinrich

Wood Cutter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
Hey guys thanks for the support you've given me! We're already up to 7 episodes! Lets go for a whopping 20 shall we?

Posted Image

elfruler81

elfruler81

Stone Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts
keep up the good work

Kizyx

Kizyx

Wood Cutter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationOklahoma, USA
I've been asking about mining techniques around the server. there are some goo ideas out there. Tell you more when we talk next. Great series keep it up!!
"When the light turns Green, you go. When the light turns Red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns Blue with Orange and Lavender spots?" Shel Silverstein

uoheinrich

uoheinrich

Wood Cutter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
Hey guys I know its been awhile but real life is a pain and with California gas prices at almost $5.00 a gallon I've been bike riding more so I've had less time to do youtube videos for TFC. I'm working on them a little at a time trying to hash things out and get it right and not rush it like the last few I've done. But I know you all are getting restless. Just so you know. I have two new series. 1 of which will involve TFC servers and another regarding Hardcore. So be on the look out. Once again thanks for the support and have fun with this great mod!

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Terrafirmacraft survival, noob, guide, help, New

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users