Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Crysyn

Only help if you can be helpful

Hey All, A topic has come up of late in the IRC channel in regards to the general feel of the forums and the community that supports them. Things have progressed further than I would have liked with out this being addressed more publicly because I would much rather have snubbed this out sooner rather than later.. but I have been busy. Here is the general rule I would like people to follow: Wheaton's Law "Don't be a dick." Those of you from the IRC channel know that this is the only rule I ask people in there to follow and we generally have a good and lively time chatting about all manner of things. This is basic rule that just about everyone understands and I am going to expand it to the forums from here moving forward. If you can not help people in a helpful and polite manner then I simply ask you to stop. Now I generally take a back seat to moderating the forums as I like to participate in the suggestions forum fairly heavily at times and would rather do so as a forums user than a moderator. But I am also fairly well known for being the person who constantly puts their foot down and so I am stepping up and doing so on here. If you find yourself unable to respond to a message politely then I ask that you do not respond. This mostly focuses on the increasing level of hostility found within the Suggestion forum as well as the Server forum. I do not care if this is the 30th some odd time you have seen someone make the same suggestion. Or even if the new post on an older topic is one entry above the old one. I expect the members of this forum to respond politely to the user, new or old, and point to the older topic if it applies and even go the extra step to suggest they either add in new information or to summarize the outcome of the previous discussion based upon the new post's entry into it. That is what we are here for, that is why I close most topics instead of deleting them, so that they can be found and referenced down the road. The next topic is the slew of derailment attempts I have seen as of late. If you want to have fun and joke around that is what the off topic forum is for and pretty much anything goes there. I do not expect to read a suggestion thread and have to go through 3 pages of image memes people have shot back and forth. Quite simply this is a waste of my time to read and then have to clean up. Now for the summary. I am going to start taking a more active role, especially in policing the suggestion forum, and handing out warn levels to people whom I see doing this. These will be indiscriminate and applied not to just the first person who derails or is impolite on a topic or response, but to everyone whom follows the lead of that person. As I do not like doing things with out giving you all warning this post shall serve as that warning. If you have a desire to bring this topic up with me then I invite you to do so on the IRC channel. Lets raise the level of quality and grow the community. Let us not descend into the quality often found on the minecraft or league of legend forums. There is simply no need for that here. Be passionate about things, just do not be abusive.
    • Kittychanley

Offline Servers

Recently I've seen a few server listings showing up on the first page of the Servers forum that have been closed for an extended period of time, but have recently gotten a reply from a new member who didn't realize the server is offline. To help prevent this from happening in the future, it would be greatly appreciated if you could use the report function on the original post of any servers that have been confirmed as offline, so that the topic may be locked. If you are the admin of a server and plan on taking the server offline, please use the report function on the original post of your topic to let the TFC Staff know that the topic should be locked. If you are the admin of a server that has a locked topic, and would wish to bring the server back online, please use the report function on the original post of the topic to let the TFC Staff know that the topic should be unlocked. As always, please remember to follow rule #3 of the servers forum and update your topic title to contain the version of TFC that the server is currently running. You can do so by editing the OP, and then clicking on "Use Full Editor."
rhodance

[0.79.15] Rhodance's "HugBox" Server [Closing May 22]

1,334 posts in this topic

Hey Rhodance, I'm posting here today to talk about an issue, forge. What is forge depended on, that the server uses? That's important for the server as well.

A Possible Petition

This is basically a petition to see if its possible for the server to continue without forge. If we could give something up for something else. I only thought it proper to go through with this only if I had the support of a certain percentage of vetren players be hide this. I do not know how you feel about the topic in question. I can't say if this will be rejected with out a chance of over viewing the situation. This is why I want to go over all areas. Explaining how I feel about it and how many others also would like to be able to do more. That is, chiseling more then their able to.

I will try to be as detail as possible and to show all points. I want to say as much as I can at once so you have a good idea of what I'm talking about. To see what you're aware of. To see if this can be resolved in a community vote with your permission. By those who are active on the server that make up this community. I do know how every one feels about the topic so this is why I want to make this issue known.

The Issue

Forge is great for many things server side. Most mods if not all require this. I personally don't mind playing mod free because TFC has so much already to offer. I know some really enjoy smart moving but you really can go with out. Things like this though really add extra life to an already awesome mod. What really matters in the end though? This is something I believe is strongly be hide communities. What people enjoy and what they'd like to see more of. The issue in question here is, forge. Whats more important forge or the ability to be as creative as possible in game? As it stands, we are very, I mean very... Limited to what we can create.

The Way I Feel About The Topic

I only ask this because I've soon run into lag issues. I know why I'm running in to them because its related to forge and having to many edited blocks. It's forced me in the past to leave servers because TFC isn't TFC to me with out that ability. Which is where I'm able to release my creativity. I'm then forced to rethink how I play TFC and am unable to do many things a lot better then I wished. I love creating things and things that look very realistic. I don't wont to look selfish but these things are dare to my heart when I play TFC. These are my feelings on the topic.

The Community

When I mention how I was having so many problems with chiseling. Because the server uses forge. No one bother saying anything. Like we all have our own problems. But when I asked the community how they felt about being limited with chiseling. All of them agree that they would like to be able to do more, a lot more. Some one said, you can't argue about it. Saying, you can't change how things are. As if I'm wasting my time even bothering to write this petition. I believe strongly in voicing your word. To make aware of the situation. If the admin isn't aware of it him self or hasn't bothered to do anything about for certain reasons.

Maybe just because not enough people got together to talk about it. That's why I'm taking the time of making all these things aware and to see if things can be changed. Only if the community believes in what needs to be changed. And decide over whats more important for their gaming experience. All of this isn't possible with out the admins permission or approval. We already very much appreciate the great server and what you do for it. We know you do whats best for the server and the community.

Please consider this as an honest petition. If things are able to be changed. Through the community outwaying the losses and gains. To explain why or how things are for certain reasons. To resolve this in a proper manner.

Thank you for your time.

People who support this petition

MrBadboy

---

this needs to be posted here: http://rhodance.enjin.com/forum/m/23609822/viewforum/4946635

IGN: SpearM4n

Why this server?: My brother plays on this server his IGN is Hunt1ngHunter77 and I'm using the account he made that didn't work

2 sentence description of yourself/interests: Similar to my brother I play lacrosse and I'm going to college Blinn. Then transferring into Texas A&M.

IGN: SpearM4n

Why this server?: My brother plays on this server his IGN is Hunt1ngHunter77 and I'm using the account he made that didn't work

2 sentence description of yourself/interests: Similar to my brother I play lacrosse and I'm going to college Blinn. Then transferring into Texas A&M.

---

whitelisted.

IGN: greatorder

Age: legally an adult (Dislike giving my actual age out for reasons)

Why this server?: You saw my post in the server request subforums, didn't you? :P

2 sentence description of yourself/interests: Assuming you want ones relevant to TFC?

I tend to hermit, don't like accepting things (because I've learned that doing this makes me get bored due to no effort), loathe spiders, and play far more than is probably healthy for me. 

IGN: jake2799

Why this server?: This looks like a really active, fun server that isn't dieing any time soon

2 sentence description of yourself/interests: I don't to much other than play video game, such as minecraft, and this is new and fun. I like to play with people and this seems to be the perfect place.

IGN: greatorder

Age: legally an adult (Dislike giving my actual age out for reasons)

Why this server?: You saw my post in the server request subforums, didn't you? :P

2 sentence description of yourself/interests: Assuming you want ones relevant to TFC?

I tend to hermit, don't like accepting things (because I've learned that doing this makes me get bored due to no effort), loathe spiders, and play far more than is probably healthy for me. 

IGN: jake2799

Why this server?: This looks like a really active, fun server that isn't dieing any time soon

2 sentence description of yourself/interests: I don't to much other than play video game, such as minecraft, and this is new and fun. I like to play with people and this seems to be the perfect place.

---

whitelisted.

Also, im going to wait another day or so before updating to 79.12 (or whatever it is by then)

Age: 16 IGN: fernandorlando Why this server?: I just want to have fun and enjoy terrafirmacraft2 sentences to description of yourself/interest; i want to have fun with terrafirmacraft with my friends on here and enjoy myself. I've also been looking for a server for a quiet a while

IGN: Robsekay

Why this server?: I would like to find a server that didnt screw up barrels, and then start building to my hearts content

2 sentence description of yourself/interests: UNC Grad Student, I make music in my spare time. 

Age: 16 IGN: fernandorlando Why this server?: I just want to have fun and enjoy terrafirmacraft2 sentences to description of yourself/interest; i want to have fun with terrafirmacraft with my friends on here and enjoy myself. I've also been looking for a server for a quiet a while

IGN: Robsekay

Why this server?: I would like to find a server that didnt screw up barrels, and then start building to my hearts content

2 sentence description of yourself/interests: UNC Grad Student, I make music in my spare time. 

---

whitelisted

IGN: Snakeslayer541

Age: im 16, not gonna lie, but im not an annoying, immature, pre-pubescent kid.

Why this server?: Because i see that it has been up for quite some time, and if it is truely hosted in Dallas, TX, then i live very close by in Grapevine!!

2 sentence description of yourself/interests:   I always enjoy a good adventure in any way i can, and my interest in Terrafirmacraft has recently been re-awoken. I am also a novice blacksmith in real life (sounds idealistic, i know but i assure you its true). Cant wait to play some Terrafirma on a (hopefully) non-laggy server! :D

IGN: mas1234

Why this server?: I have been lookin for a good tfc server with some active people. Also a freind on the server needs some help.

2 sentence description of yourself/interests: I am a long time minecraft/tfc player and i enjoy working with people.

IGN: wantsaburger1

Hello I have been searching for 30 minutes I hope that you will whitelist me because this has been torture

IGN: Snakeslayer541

Age: im 16, not gonna lie, but im not an annoying, immature, pre-pubescent kid.

Why this server?: Because i see that it has been up for quite some time, and if it is truely hosted in Dallas, TX, then i live very close by in Grapevine!!

2 sentence description of yourself/interests:   I always enjoy a good adventure in any way i can, and my interest in Terrafirmacraft has recently been re-awoken. I am also a novice blacksmith in real life (sounds idealistic, i know but i assure you its true). Cant wait to play some Terrafirma on a (hopefully) non-laggy server! :D

IGN: mas1234

Why this server?: I have been lookin for a good tfc server with some active people. Also a freind on the server needs some help.

2 sentence description of yourself/interests: I am a long time minecraft/tfc player and i enjoy working with people.

---

Whitelisted.

---

IGN: wantsaburger1

Hello I have been searching for 30 minutes I hope that you will whitelist me because this has been torture

----

No.

server is going down for a bit for the update.

IGN: Mr_august_ grimm
Why this server?: It's an 18+ server and its basic terrafirmacraft which is perfect, cant wait to see what Terrafirmacraft online iwll be like!
2 sentence description of yourself/interests: I've been a minecrafter for about 4 years now, but I started playing terrafirmacraft in early august. I Like to trade and build; not really much of a PvPer.

IGN: Allklier

Why this server?: I like the idea behind this server and always want to play in a good team.

2 sentence description of yourself/interests: Played MC from the beginning and TFC for more than one year. I have been for a long time on a good TFC Server which unfortunately had to close due to lack of active people. Now I am searching for a new one where I can join in group projects.

IGN: Mr_august_ grimm

Why this server?: It's an 18+ server and its basic terrafirmacraft which is perfect, cant wait to see what Terrafirmacraft online iwll be like!

2 sentence description of yourself/interests: I've been a minecrafter for about 4 years now, but I started playing terrafirmacraft in early august. I Like to trade and build; not really much of a PvPer.

---

whitelisted.... did you mean to have that space between the 2nd underscore and grimm? because that is how you are whitelisted.

---

IGN: Allklier

Why this server?: I like the idea behind this server and always want to play in a good team.

2 sentence description of yourself/interests: Played MC from the beginning and TFC for more than one year. I have been for a long time on a good TFC Server which unfortunately had to close due to lack of active people. Now I am searching for a new one where I can join in group projects.

---

whitelisted.

IGN: Vharc

Why this server?: Most of the TFC servers I have played on sputter and die within their first 1-2 months. This one is advertised as "Longest Running"... figured I would give it a shot.

2 sentence description of yourself/interests:

I am not very talkative or social. I help if I can... usually with information of labor, sometimes I will gather materials for people or give some I have stockpiled but only to those I feel deserve it... I do not like moochers, beggars, and 'free stuff plox' idiots.

Generally I keep to myself, explore, terraform, build warehouses to store my stockpiled goods, build large farms and small houses, and rare caving/adventure days.

I have been playing Minecraft since it was playable by the public (alpha 0.11). When Minecraft first went up for sale I was somewhere in the 240's purchased.

I had a hardcore game that lasted over 2 years and only ended because the computer I played it on fried... I have a horrible memory and forget to make backups and many other things normal people seem to be able to remember with ease. :P

When SMP was released I ran one of the first dozen servers listed in the Minecraft Forums and on the couple of server listing sites that popped up right away... Would probably still be running it if my ISP hadn't throttled my internet for "running a business without a business account"... I had 60-80 people on 24/7. XD Thankfully I talked them into letting me play online games again... but they stood by their guns about needing a business account to run that much bandwidth. -_-

Erm... anywho, rambling... I normally do not talk this much, especially about myself, just tired and have been reading server listings and the server pages/forums linked to them half the day... a little loopy.

IGN: Vharc

Why this server?: Most of the TFC servers I have played on sputter and die within their first 1-2 months. This one is advertised as "Longest Running"... figured I would give it a shot.

2 sentence description of yourself/interests:

I am not very talkative or social. I help if I can... usually with information of labor, sometimes I will gather materials for people or give some I have stockpiled but only to those I feel deserve it... I do not like moochers, beggars, and 'free stuff plox' idiots.

Generally I keep to myself, explore, terraform, build warehouses to store my stockpiled goods, build large farms and small houses, and rare caving/adventure days.

I have been playing Minecraft since it was playable by the public (alpha 0.11). When Minecraft first went up for sale I was somewhere in the 240's purchased.

I had a hardcore game that lasted over 2 years and only ended because the computer I played it on fried... I have a horrible memory and forget to make backups and many other things normal people seem to be able to remember with ease. :P

When SMP was released I ran one of the first dozen servers listed in the Minecraft Forums and on the couple of server listing sites that popped up right away... Would probably still be running it if my ISP hadn't throttled my internet for "running a business without a business account"... I had 60-80 people on 24/7. XD Thankfully I talked them into letting me play online games again... but they stood by their guns about needing a business account to run that much bandwidth. -_-

Erm... anywho, rambling... I normally do not talk this much, especially about myself, just tired and have been reading server listings and the server pages/forums linked to them half the day... a little loopy.

---

whitelisted.

IGN: SoodleNoodle
Why this server?: About 2 years ago, I got into Minecraft so I could play with my kids. As it turned out, I got just as hooked as they are! I maintain a server for them to play on with friends. But I would like to play on a server with grown-ups (or at least people over the age of 9...) ;) Terrafirmacraft is a recent addiction for me, and I like that your server seems to be a mature collective. I am excited to share in an online community with others, to learn from more experienced players and to hopefully contribute something of my own, as well.
2 sentence description of yourself/interests: Work-from-home mom of two kids, computer nerd, Pokemon Professor, dog lover and ballroom dancer. :)

IGN: Krasnoyarsk

Why this server? It says it's the longest running. If I'm going to get involved in servers I like them to be somewhat long lasting. It also has an 18+ community so that's nice.

2 sentence description of yourself/interests: I like Terrafirmacraft mainly for the added room for creative design. In my personal map I have not moved beyond bronze tools. I prefer to make elaborately carved standing stones and things like that. I'm very interested in architecture and art history. It would be cool to help design group projects.

IGN: SoodleNoodle
Why this server?: About 2 years ago, I got into Minecraft so I could play with my kids. As it turned out, I got just as hooked as they are! I maintain a server for them to play on with friends. But I would like to play on a server with grown-ups (or at least people over the age of 9...) ;) Terrafirmacraft is a recent addiction for me, and I like that your server seems to be a mature collective. I am excited to share in an online community with others, to learn from more experienced players and to hopefully contribute something of my own, as well.
2 sentence description of yourself/interests: Work-from-home mom of two kids, computer nerd, Pokemon Professor, dog lover and ballroom dancer. :)

IGN: Krasnoyarsk

Why this server? It says it's the longest running. If I'm going to get involved in servers I like them to be somewhat long lasting. It also has an 18+ community so that's nice.

2 sentence description of yourself/interests: I like Terrafirmacraft mainly for the added room for creative design. In my personal map I have not moved beyond bronze tools. I prefer to make elaborately carved standing stones and things like that. I'm very interested in architecture and art history. It would be cool to help design group projects.

---

whitelisted

---

whitelisted.... did you mean to have that space between the 2nd underscore and grimm? because that is how you are whitelisted.

---

---

whitelisted.

Err...no// sorry about that its Mr_august_grimm no spaces

IGN: pyr0kid

Why this server?: This is the first white listed server that l saw.

2 sentence description of yourself/interests: I'm a gamer from the East Coast. I like playing Pulsar Lost Colony, TFC, Minecraft, and Dragon Warrior.

(i have TS i just dont like it)