Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Nuwanda

Problems writing an Addon for TFC

4 posts in this topic

First of all I hope this is the correct Forum to post this... if not, please tell me.

I have recently gotten into Terrafirmacraft and I am currently setting up a Server with it. Now I am also using a couple of other mods and I thought I might as well write a couple small addons to make them integrate better with TFC. The problem I am running into here is I don't know how to make a mod with another mod as a dependency. Googling this Issue does not turn up much, the only thing I could find is http://www.minecraftforge.net/wiki/Developing_Addons_for_Existing_Mods

So far I have added TFC for running in a non obfuscated environment from http://terrafirmacraft.com/download.html to forge/mcp/jars/mods which works in the sense that I can run the minecraft client from eclipse and it will load TFC. Where I run into trouble is when I try to insert the API. I downloaded that as well, unpacked the ZIP-File and put the Folder named 'TFC' into forge/mcp/src/minecraft. Now here is where I encounter my Issue. The API gets loaded correctly into my Eclipse project, but I get tons of Errors, because the API wants to do imports from TFC.Core and the like which do of course not exist in my project.

From there I tried different things but can not seem to figure out how to make it work. Can maybe anyone who has already written a TFC addon tell me how to do this?

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Have you not linked the TFC source files into your eclipse project?

Also, if you plan to distribute this add-on to other people, please do not edit the TFC source

The API for 78 does indeed mistakenly have references to the core classes. This has been fixed for 79. HOWEVER, you shouldn't be including the API in your completed addon anyways. You can set up the dev environment for an addon using the full TFC source in eclipse, you just need to make sure that it isn't included in the final, compiled product. It should be noted though, that the source for 78 is no longer publicly available on github because we have moved forward to developing 79.

Hi again and first of all thanks for the fast answers.

If get this correctly this means I have to include the full tfc source in my eclipse project if I want to develop an addon for 78 (and yes I know that I do not need to include any of that in the finished thing).

Now that leads me to my next question. If I can not get the source from Github anymore is there anywhere else I could get it? I tried googling, but to no avail. I also tried decompiling but run into a bunch of errors.

Or does that mean I should just start developing for 79?

Thanks for your help,

Nuwanda