Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ancientpower

[Request] Better Storage

10 posts in this topic

Would anyone consider creating a storage solutions addon for TFC akin to BetterStorage?  We've gotten quite a few things to help out with storage in the base mod but it'd be nice to see things like vertical chests/lockers and some kind of stack based storage to add some variety.

For vertical storage, barrels can be stacked on top of each other. And chests made of different wood can be placed next to each other.

For vertical storage, barrels can be stacked on top of each other. And chests made of different wood can be placed next to each other.

What I'm going for is more the aesthetics of the lockers from Better Storage rather than just the convenience of putting things next to each other.  It's a bit jarring going from the pretty looking lockers of Better Storage to vanilla chests.

We've modified BetterStorage to work well with TechNodefirmacraft pack. I can look to see if we can make it stand alone and share it with community. We are in middle of some big projects for pack so not sure timeline.

Might take a bit longer than I hoped. It is a bit tied into our custom TFC build, but I will split the function off. In mean time you could always use our pack :P

Well I've made some progress. I need to texture the lockers and I can likely get a beta up for people to test. Currently the chests do tick, so food will decay in them and ingots cool. The recipe for keys and locks is not ore dictionaried yet, so they are not currently craftable.  They also don't respect item size, so anything can go in them atm. Not sure if that is fine or weather to make them size restricted like TFC chests.

k5SfAhE.png

Edited by Bunsan

Well I've made some progress. I need to texture the lockers and I can likely get a beta up for people to test. Currently the chests do tick, so food will decay in them and ingots cool. The recipe for keys and locks is not ore dictionaried yet, so they are not currently craftable.  They also don't respect item size, so anything can go in them atm. Not sure if that is fine or weather to make them size restricted like TFC chests.

Looks sick, can't wait to have it.  Keys aren't really a priority for TFC, at least in my opinion.  Size restriction should be lifted if they're as expensive as in the vanilla version.

I've got the keys working. The reason I want to add the size restrictions is that the crate is quite cheap and without the restrictions would be quite unbalanced.

Posted a beta version of my TFC'd BetterStorage.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0