Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
YourLottery

Small chests and just leaving stuff around

3 posts in this topic

So the new smaller chests are certainly more 'realistic', but people don't have to pack stuff in chests to store it IRL because their possessions don't disappear 5 minutes after being dropped on the floor (contrary to the wishes of mothers everywhere). I think for small chests to really work, we need some alternate storage solutions. I'm just going to brainstorm a few ideas here:

Bags/sacks made with leather or wool and string. These would hold less then a chest (maybe 3 or 6 stacks - perhaps 3 for wool and 6 for leather - maybe the leather one is called a backpack and uses leather and sticks), and could be kept in your inventory (probably in conjunction with a smaller inventory) or placed like a block on the ground.

Tables or workbenches that items left on would not expire after 5 minutes. Or maybe a bed gives an 'aura' that prevents loose items from disappearing. This could cause lag, though, so its probably a bad idea. Something like the shelf mod (a container that displays what is in it) might work.

2x2 pallets that hold only one kind of item but perhaps 72 stacks of that item, with more stacks increasing the vertical size the pallet takes up. These might work like a bloomery - you place the 4 pallet pieces on the ground in a square, then just throw items onto it and they add to the contents.

Flatbed minecarts that can hold stacks of the same item (similar to pallets, but smaller).

Metal bound chests that have a larger capacity (size dependant on the metal).

Storage bins - like pallets but requiring sides, and vertically expandable like a bloomery.

I agree, IRL we can make piles.. Well out of anything.

I feel sorry for all the trees I have killed now in order to make a storage.

Something has to be done!

But I kinda like it, cause now it takes more time building a storage.

Actually I like that table idea... I like it quite a bit. it would be a 1x1x2 texture, but the bounding box would extend 1/8 of a block into the 2 blocks above it, making it really a 1x2x2. Items thrown onto the table would be stopped by the bounding box and remain on it, but still be inside the block taken up by the table's top half. Entities within the blocks pause their despawn timers.

You could also prevent accidental pickups by doing what the dust mod (look it up) does with sacrifices, and make it so you have to stand almost right on top of the items to pick them back up.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0