Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mrpwase

UnReal World

5 posts in this topic

I don't know if anyone hear has ever heard of UnReal World (http://www.jmp.fi/~smaarane/urw.html), but I got a lot of my enthusiasm for wilderness survival and land management games from playing it. It costs a token amount to buy a license, it hasn't been updated recently as far as I can tell but it's a very expansive and realistic game.

There's a few ideas implemented there that I thought might be good to incorporate in TFC - rain shelters made out of branches and leaves (sticks in TFC I suppose), pit/stick traps and snares for capturing game, temperature mechanics like frostbite, pack animals, and basic AI companions you can give simple orders to.

It's pretty heavy going to play for any length of time, for me at least, but the ideas and the spirituality mechanics make it a really interesting game. I just wish there was a bigger team behind it!

(wiki here http://unrealworld.wikia.com/wiki/Unreal_World_Wiki)

Agree'd ! I can't believe it has been being developed since 1992 :o

Too bad I despise games with graphics like that.

Never got around to liking Dwarf Fortress either cause of the layer changing interface.

Too bad I despise games with graphics like that.

Never got around to liking Dwarf Fortress either cause of the layer changing interface.

Yeah, this is why I am so heavily into TFC. Chopping up trees in 3D!!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0