Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mileaos2

ideas regarding fortifications

2 posts in this topic

okay, first i guess it would be only used on mp pvp server or to defend against mobs, but hey, i dont care^^

fortification blocks are simple, craftable blocks, you can place them and take them again with the right tool without any problems, but when you secure the blocks with a special tool, you cant remove them without destroying them. (explosives or weapons [maybe siege weapons?])

supportbeams behing the walls reinforce the walls and you can use the horizontal beams to walk on them and defend the walls.

fixed fortification walls are 1,3 blocks high.

there should be some tiers in fortification.

you have 3 types: walls and entrances.

tier one: dirtwalls

craftable in a crafting table with some cobblestone and dirt around it. place a 2 blocks high wall around your home. you can remove the wall with a shovel quite fast (just dig it out), but when you rightclick with a shovel on it, it will get fixed.

tier two: palisade

craftable with wooden logs. removable with a shovel and fixed with an hammer.

tier three: cobblestone walls

craftable with cobblestone and clay. removable with a pickaxe. fixed over time (drying)

tier four: brickwalls

craftable with stone bricks and concrete (new material?) removable with a pickaxe, fixed over time (drying)

entrances:

tier one: wooden gate

craftable with logs. removable with shovel, fixable with hammer.

tier two: palisade gate

craftable with logs. removable with shovel, fixable with hammer.

tier three: enhanced wooden gate

craftable with wooden gate and some double metal ignots (more start durability with better metals) removeable with shovel, fixable with hammer

tier four: Metal grille gate

craftable with any metals. start durability depens on metaltype. removable with hammer, fixable with hammer

There is already another topic like this, and yours seems related to how it started.

The other topic developed into: Materials such as cobblestone, stone bricks and smooth stone should have increased breaking times and explosion resistance depending on the number of 'solid' blocks above and below it. (By 'solid', I'm referring to raw, cobble, bricked and smooth stone)

This would cause tall walls made out of stone become quite strong, while ranged siege engines (which can hit high points on a wall) would still stand a chance. Cave-ins would also become far more deadly depending on their size.

Raw stone would not be effected by the breaking time and explosion resistance, allowing you to mine through it without further difficulty, but would support constructed stone structures.

Gates could be made using supports, and can be deconstructed on will (closing the wall).

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0