Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Berthjold

Finite Water and a Need for Aqueducts

20 posts in this topic

I haven't yet witnssed the changes to water (are there even any?), primarily since I haven't been able to craft a bucket yet, but I have been making due with aqueducts to irrigate my farms and power my sluices.

I'm not sure if this is a completely useless request or not, but I was wondering whether it would be possible to increase the height range in which water can spawn. This could give the chance for players (especially on servers, where water demand would be higher) to construct aqueducts to transport water to perform all manner of existing and futre functions.

Brilliant job on this mod so far Bioxx!

plank blocks in this shape (or planks)

X-X

X-X

-X-

= a buckit. but it only drops a non sorce block water so its only good for making pools not an endless river

although a form of constructable aquaducts would be cool :)

At the moment, a simple aqueduct can be made using wooden vertical and horizontal supports and cobblestone (although wood blocks would be equally simple. Although, the idea of having aqueduct blocks would be pretty neat as well.

Edit. However, as far as I can tell, the heights at which one generally finds pools of water is not great enough to require transportation, and is best used locally.

However, as far as I can tell, the heights at which one generally finds pools of water is not great enough to require transportation, and is best used locally.

A good point here, a system which took in water at one end and put it out another (like the sluice interface maybe) would still need to use a water source alot higher than where your taking it to. I'v seen a few suggestions for mountain valleys/streams/lakes/waterfall biomes and higher aquifers someplace, mainly for sluices and the like, but equaly applicable to this sort of construct.

well we have evicence to back this up. early persians and the romans both made large amounts of acuaducts to transport fresh water from several countries away all the way back to rome whilst having minor outlests on it to go to the lesser towns and farms

This would also be great in pvp servers, you could smash an aqueduct and force an entire city into submission.

Perhaps large mountains could randomly have tiny springs to represent snow runoff

Or when snow melts finite water could take its place. Springs would be awesome though.

I like this idea, it could be combined with wells to give a "Better Water Management" thread :)

As I said, I like this, the only flaws I can really see with it are griefers and the impossibility of small gradients in MC

The ocean should also be replaced by salt water, that way it sea water can't be used.

Water when it rains and when snow melts and from mountain springs and such would be great. But, finite water is an impossibility in large quantities on java for servers. The other thing about finite springs is, when you leave the chunk load radius for them is the finite source unloads and the stream or river made by it stops flowing. A way around this is to have a finite world that permanently loads and calculates all chunks at all times, but the worlds would have to be small and it would stress even beafy servers. Of course if javas vm scheduler could use all cores and assign them well then it would be less of an issue.

He needs to finish & fix the finite water physics before this will be feasible. Currently finite water has a limited flow range and does not properly level out with other connected water bodies. hell, it doesnt even properly level out by itself in one body sometimes, you end up with 1/4 or 1/10 flow blocks running around in circles on the surface.

He needs to finish & fix the finite water physics before this will be feasible. Currently finite water has a limited flow range and does not properly level out with other connected water bodies. hell, it doesnt even properly level out by itself in one body sometimes, you end up with 1/4 or 1/10 flow blocks running around in circles on the surface.

Which, may I add, is funny as all fuck to watch

Man, if watching water flow in circles is funny as fuck, I need to get some of what you're smoking !

Or at least more of what you are smoking :P

whats weirder about it is its attempt to find lowground, instead of spreading out evenly as water should it tries to travel "intelligently" toward a lower elevation or nearby water source or something. (I don't know for sure but it sure seems to be directed by some kind of very weak logic.)

The problem is: water flow really should not be directional unless the terrain and relative water levels direct it to be so. Seeing water attempt to be smart is hilarious and sad at the same time.

I believe the intelligent flow is the result of notch coding. It does that in vanilla minecraft too.

notch didnt code the new water block 224, if its notchcode behavior its because bioxx didnt override it yet.

Also notch water spreads on flat surface most of the time

Man, if watching water flow in circles is funny as fuck, I need to get some of what you're smoking !

Or at least more of what you are smoking :P

Want me to hook you up? Lol

Want me to hook you up? Lol

Sure, your guy ship international ? :P

I need something to go with my new churchwarden pipe anyway :L