Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Stalkio

Camping Out

15 posts in this topic

I'm loving this mod and the whole concept around creating a more realistic survival experience. The update which removed stone pickaxes (genius move) in my opinion created a much more believable environment in which the game starts. Ancient man roaming around the world picking up bits he finds on the way, much more nomadic and authentic.

This small change has had huge implications around the players mentality (roaming vs. settling) I feel that it’s now more about moving around the world never staying too long in one placed as you need to track down those precious ore deposits to create that next alloy.

Sorry about setting the scene but I think it will help put my suggestion in context. I have always had an issue with the fact that you can drop a bed and sleep anywhere safely, this is ridiculous. Tiptoe, tiptoe, a Creeper comes along “ahh he’s sleeping I’ll just leave him be he looks so peaceful†yeah right.

Suggestion 1: You can’t place a bed without having a solid structure over head and a door (little like the testificates rules I believe)

Suggestions 2: The ability to make a tent! Craft a needle with bone (maybe pigs/sheep.. could drop bones? Plenty of evidence that early man did this) then craft a couple of leather pieces together and you get a popup 4x4x3 temporary structure. You could even limit its uses to say 10 times so you need to keep crafting new ones?

Just my thoughts and if any of this has been suggested before I apologies I checked the sticky thread and also searched before posting.

:o i like it!

but how exactly are u suppost to place the tent....it would take up multiple blocks...

Rather than an awkward looking tent I think a cheep bed bad of grass and moss or something like that would be fine and we just place it under a tree and call it good.

Rather than an awkward looking tent I think a cheep bed bad of grass and moss or something like that would be fine and we just place it under a tree and call it good.

ohhh!! add sheets made of vines! we can use them for curtains!

Yeah might not look great but it sort of defeats the purpose if you're still out in the open, how about this then

Posted Image

A Lean-to used since year dot for sleeping out. Anything but the bed under the stars!

hmmm...math...

stick tent + creeper = new fire pit :)

i like the tent idea :)

always wanted to set up a proper prospectors camp in TFcraft

*sitting by a fire in a mountain valley, snow coming down, wishing you had brought that extra set of socks ...

wait lol that was last week in Atlin

This would be nice- I got pretty adept at building and breaking down my little mobile house this past game, but some sort of way to live outdoors would be nice. The only thing I'm worried is that this would give bioxx an excuse to make it so wooden building materials require a metal axe or something.

This would be nice- I got pretty adept at building and breaking down my little mobile house this past game, but some sort of way to live outdoors would be nice. The only thing I'm worried is that this would give bioxx an excuse to make it so wooden building materials require a metal axe or something.

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

dont say it out loud! hell hear you >.>

In the future, beds won't be working like they are now, have faith on that. They will be a LOT different

:o will there be a dream world!

Oh for fucks sake no

Or at least I hope not.

Unless you count the void, I seem to dream about that plenty lol

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

dont say it out loud! hell hear you >.>

if he makes the change we won't really have a problem. i have enough metal to make a full set of tools from overground small metal deposits in rocks in only a few hours of play time.

:o will there be a dream world!

No man, hahaha. I meant that crafting a bed will require a lot of more work, and using it will be restricted to indoors and such. Hahahaha