Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jasnatdic

Place whole resource stacks

9 posts in this topic

So, being that the "open air" storage system is being developed with self storage blocks for most resources in mind I had a thought the other day when filling a rather large charcole pit.

Currently a stack of logs in inventory is 12 max up from 4, I sugest that this be changed to 16 makeing it the same size of a full log stack. Then I sugest a hotkey or something that will toggle the ability to place these as the entire inventory stack at once or one at a time much like it currently works. In other words, you have a stack of 16 logs on your person and toggle full stack placement. You then place it and all 16 logs place in the pile in one click. Likewise if the stack is 7 all 7 would place in the one click. But, let's say you want to make a log cabin. You toggle it to single placement and put them in place makeing only 1 place at a time.

This would go the same for all open air storage.

I guess this could have gone in the tiny tweeks thread, but I'm posting it on a phone and don't want to retype.

Actually as the OP of the tweak thread I'd say you were right in giving this its own spot.

Also, +1 to the base idea. I disagree with increasing the stack size even further, but a toggle switch for placing the max amount possible in a stack would be a welcome change

The tedium of building log piles is unreal. I don't think the stack size should go up either, but for the love of god, I don't have enough yes for the other part :P

I am surprised no one has questioned why a person can hold on to 4 stacks of 12 logs (and more actually) but the ground can only hold on to 4 stacks of 4 logs....

I am surprised no one has questioned why a person can hold on to 4 stacks of 12 logs (and more actually) but the ground can only hold on to 4 stacks of 4 logs....

Oh they still only stack to 4 in the piles? Well that's a bit silly

I haven't played any of the newer builds yet

its probably due to the increased search size of the firepit/charcoal pit mechanic, they didnt want to make it super-dense.

tbh I thnk the search range is a bit TOO big...

its probably due to the increased search size of the firepit/charcoal pit mechanic, they didnt want to make it super-dense.

tbh I thnk the search range is a bit TOO big...

yeah the new charcoal pit mechanics are a bit beyond usable any more. I am honestly considering just filling a chest on the server with charcoal every day as a work around (With the new setup annoying so many people I can not imagine it will stay :)) for now.

Isn't the size of the pits that's annoying, its the baby sitting to make sure it doesn't all poof. You don't have to make a 64 x64 x 7 pit, think of it this way, now you can put the fire in the corner, load and light it and smother it and your set.

Just need a this doesn't all poof now way to store it until you get back to it.

Also the stack size of 12 on logs, or 16 as I suggested isn't gona be huge for long. As I understand it were gona have an inventory limit nerf down the line to bring it into line. I simply suggested 16 because then a carried stack would == a ground stack makeing the ability to place a whole stack in one click more fluid, as in you put down a stack of logs. I also ment to further imply that all carried stacks should == what it would be in a storage stack.

But, let's say you want to make a log cabin. You toggle it to single placement and put them in place makeing only 1 place at a time.

When you do this, the logs could be placed like Minecraft 1.3's new log placement mechanic, having the texture of the original log block, and orientating depending on which way you're facing :D

I also ment to further imply that all carried stacks should == what it would be in a storage stack.

Completely Agree, except in functional tile-entities (firepits, forges, bloomeries, it makes sense)

Also, Shift-Clicking items into an inventory that isn't following this 'rule' can cause issues, such as lost items, or the limit being broken.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0