Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dat594

more ways to get string and making it usefull

49 posts in this topic

string is fairly worthless currently.

realistically it should be used in construction

it would be good if it is used when the construction gets revamped

tapestries would be cool to be able to craft, via loom

if string does get made more useful it would be nice if we don't have to slaughter spiders for it, spiders dropping string never did make sense(it would be all sticky)

I think there should be plants that can be harvested then proceed to get string, maybe different plants for different types of string.....maybe even rope

string is fairly worthless currently.

realistically it should be used in construction

it would be good if it is used when the construction gets revamped

tapestries would be cool to be able to craft, via loom

if string does get made more useful it would be nice if we don't have to slaughter spiders for it, spiders dropping string never did make sense(it would be all sticky)

I think there should be plants that can be harvested then proceed to get string, maybe different plants for different types of string.....maybe even rope

sooooo... redpower flax.

Actually, while redpower already did it, i think it would be neat to add to agriculture, However there is a thread on the main page about this exact sort of stuff, please post things like this in there in the future.

... String used in construction, huh

Sure, 'cause the houses in the stone age where holded in place just with strings. Come on...

It would be better if it was rope, and still... what can you build with ropes, except mechanical mechanisms, which were already suggested?

Well, one could easily braid the string/plant fibers together, to make rudimentary rope, which were used for binding some pieces of construction together back before nails.

mmm... not bad : i though -so Eternal doesn't have to correct me again...- the use he was talking about was more like the building of the bloomery, not in crafting. But in crafting it could work... could.

mmm... not bad : i though -so Eternal doesn't have to correct me again...- the use he was talking about was more like the building of the bloomery, not in crafting. But in crafting it could work... could.

*ahem*

thought... with 2 't's X3

strange... it says you like a post i made here, Eternal, but i can see you only liked Scooter ones ._. you misclicked my post?

also... damn -__-

EDIT: it told me the exact same thing again, and again there was nothing here. Dude, stop it -__-

strange... it says you like a post i made here, Eternal, but i can see you only liked Scooter ones ._. you misclicked my post?

also... damn -__-

yeah, did it to this one too :/

the like button should not be directly above the quote button damnit >_<

·_· you have my signature ignored? 'cause the like button may be above the quote one, but unless you ignore the signatures, they are pretty far one of each other ._.

string will probably be changed to 'silk' and other uses for string will come from places other than spiders and webs.

hmm we could make string neccesary for stone tools? seeing as you dont really have anything to keep the tool head on the stick at the moment, string could be used for that

hmm we could make string neccesary for stone tools? seeing as you dont really have anything to keep the tool head on the stick at the moment, string could be used for that

look at the post right above yours.

look at the post right above yours.

yeah? what about it? i agree, spider silk shouldnt be used as string, and there should be some other form of "string" to get from plant fibres or something like that

Srg, if you read it, that is pretty much implied "string will probably be changed to 'silk' and other uses for string will come from places other than spiders and webs. " So i would Assume that it comes from plants, unless mulberry bushes are implemented, and we get silk worms. And the more uses i would also assume would be as a binder, or making fabric.

Srg, if you read it, that is pretty much implied "string will probably be changed to 'silk' and other uses for string will come from places other than spiders and webs. " So i would Assume that it comes from plants, unless mulberry bushes are implemented, and we get silk worms. And the more uses i would also assume would be as a binder, or making fabric.

but it still had nothing to do with me saying that string should be used for making stone tools other than the fact that he's saying that string will come from a different source other than spiders

Will the special silk also be implemented for clothing? Just asking because of the discussion about cols weather, winter and freezing damage.

Also silk worms (don't know the right name) would be nice: They use a special plant/leaves as home and produce silk during the warm months.

Err serkas, did you not read my post? look two up, i already suggested them lol

Err serkas, did you not read my post? look two up, i already suggested them lol

Whooops, so small letters...-_-

so +1 for that

Sorry lol, i Copypasted a quote, and the font bled to the next sentence.

I inferred that you were referring to "string" as in the string you get from spiders. I'm pretty sure you guys don't want plant fibres to be a part of tool crafting because stone tools break ridiculously easily. It would make it that much more time consuming.

I inferred that you were referring to "string" as in the string you get from spiders. I'm pretty sure you guys don't want plant fibres to be a part of tool crafting because stone tools break ridiculously easily. It would make it that much more time consuming.

most stone tools shouldnt' even HAVE handles to begin with so why would they need string & sticks? Just make the stone tool head from the knapping result be the tool itself. There really should be a way to weave string into fabric or ropes or something though, currently string is a bit derp.

Or maybe you can simply use the stone heads as the tool, which will be slower than the actual stone tools, which are made in the regular way + string. Because, you know, the stone tools have wooden handles in their textures ._.

Or maybe you can simply use the stone heads as the tool, which will be slower than the actual stone tools, which are made in the regular way + string. Because, you know, the stone tools have wooden handles in their textures ._.

You are quite right, stone tools such as the hand axe didn't have handles. Instead, they were held in the bear hand and swung. The advantage of the stick is that it not only gets your hand farther from the point of impact, but extends the radius of the swing, increasing the speed.

Oh, that remembers me, also every use you do of the tool head has a chance of damaging you -half heart of damage in normal- :3 because you can easily hit yourself on accident

EDIT: lol, i don't know why, i just thinked about what would happen if you accidentaly hit your hand with a stone axe .__.

err... body parts amputation is a feasible posibility? :3

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0