Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
seraphin

Exchanging/suplementing light source mob spawning mechanism for inside/outside?

50 posts in this topic

Dang man, it was a direct reference to you, and right after you too

"baddies" as you put it, probably won't spawn in caves like that. I want to make caves sufficiently dangerous on their own. We're probably going to be reintroducing some auto generated structures, more along the lines of ancient tombs and crypts, with hordes of undead and secret treasures.... (maybe uncraftable tool plans????? who knows lol)

I read it, *insert sig here*

Will these to a point overtake cave generation? I like swiss cheese, just not in Minecraftia form.

Maybe this will be a part of levels (if they aren't severed) that the procedural generation changes added rooms depending on level ( this would mean no xp from mining or passive mobs)

No, I think it will be more random than that. I do agree the vanilla cave generation kinda sucks. I think we'll orient it to look more realistic, so that you get that true cave feel, not a bunch of tunnels in the ground. Ravines are rather silly as well, as they are formed by rivers and aren't as commonly found underground as they are on the surface. The crypts and such will probably scattered randomly, but there may be much larger dungeons with more secretive, surface entrances, but this is all speculation atm.

May i have an understanding as to what realistic cave systems would entail? also, i have found plenty of above ground ravines, which are fun to explore.

May i have an understanding as to what realistic cave systems would entail? also, i have found plenty of above ground ravines, which are fun to explore.

Certainly it will be more a nice pepper jack as opposed to swiss. dang I'm hungry....

But.... Pepperjack has no air holes....

No, I think it will be more random than that. I do agree the vanilla cave generation kinda sucks. I think we'll orient it to look more realistic, so that you get that true cave feel, not a bunch of tunnels in the ground. Ravines are rather silly as well, as they are formed by rivers and aren't as commonly found underground as they are on the surface. The crypts and such will probably scattered randomly, but there may be much larger dungeons with more secretive, surface entrances, but this is all speculation atm.

Actually caves aren't too bad. They just need formations and small streams, narrow sections, more vertical cave entrances and entrances at rivers, etc. Since you live in Canada, I'm assuming you haven't been sightseeing in Missouri or Kentucky. We have shitloads of caves. Really they are tunnels, fallen rock, streams, and weird noises. Ravines aren't deep here but if enough water is flowing and it goes along a fault or something to keep it from making a normal tunnel, they happen.

But it has spice... and he who controls the spice... /derail

EDIT: Ninja'd. You're quick, tac0. Real quick.

talking about pockets of fun that spice up your world, or like I said I just want some sweet constipation dairy products

Edit: you can now instate me as an official lurkers to the forums wooo! go no life!

But it has spice... and he who controls the spice... /derail

EDIT: Ninja'd. You're quick, tac0. Real quick.

That took forever to write lol...

you can now instate me as an official lurkers to the forums wooo! go no life!

Welcome to the club!

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqqeHiPPYNg&feature=related

Damn you, I have to watch that now!

talking about pockets of fun that spice up your world, or like I said I just want some sweet constipation dairy products

Edit: you can now instate me as an official lurkers to the forums wooo! go no life!

excellent, you must now reach the amount of lurking that i do, over 300 posts in less than a month :D our numbers shall grow.... Muhahahahaha!

and thank you for the video Seraphin, but i was asking more as to how it was to be implemented in the mod.

Edited by Scooterdanny

excellent, you must now reach the amount of lurking that i do, over 300 posts in less than a month :D our numbers shall grow.... Muhahahahaha!

and thank you for the video Seraphin, but i was asking more as to how it was to be implemented in the mod.

I'm gonna beat you by a long shot in that race. I might even pass Eternal in a month.

20.02 posts a day, brah.

Has this thread run its course? We're all agreed that this change is awesomesauce? :)

Errr, hopefully with relevant posts yeah? I don't want that many posts if they aren't on topic... but good luck lol, (btw, it's not a race)

and i would say so Ulfengaard.

Well knowing my special brand of not humour I will be posting at least 3 times as many non-relevant posts and cohesive ones. It could be something with not playing the actual mod for months in any way shape or form

I strongly encourage playing it, also if you do, join the server i linked on the shoutbox :)

in fact. everyone should.

Actually caves aren't too bad. They just need formations and small streams, narrow sections, more vertical cave entrances and entrances at rivers, etc. Since you live in Canada, I'm assuming you haven't been sightseeing in Missouri or Kentucky. We have shitloads of caves. Really they are tunnels, fallen rock, streams, and weird noises. Ravines aren't deep here but if enough water is flowing and it goes along a fault or something to keep it from making a normal tunnel, they happen.

seeing as I live in Canada, Missouri is a bit out of the way...

Lol, but if the caves are like the one in the video posted, i might just s*** bricks...

Lol, but if the caves are like the one in the video posted, i might just s*** bricks...

no, I don't think we can do that. I just meant that if you ever have a chunk error and see through the world, you can see so many caves it looks silly.

i know what you mean *nods head* so you plan on making them much more rare? and/or just reducing their volume?

i know what you mean *nods head* so you plan on making them much more rare? and/or just reducing their volume?

I think caves need less of a tunnel feel. This means being wider and less tall and having a more rocky, cliff appearance.

Errr, hopefully with relevant posts yeah? I don't want that many posts if they aren't on topic... but good luck lol, (btw, it's not a race)

and i would say so Ulfengaard.

Mostly relevant to anything going on in the thread, you've seen it. If somebody posts an idea that I have something on, I post, if somebody posts a bit of derail that I have something on, I post. As much fun it is to chat, I do like to be on the main topic. And I'm not racing, I just have a (serious) problem with forum posting, I do it a lot. I find my amount of posts funny, idk why. /please end of derail lol

So Dunk, can you explain what you want to do with caves or is it classified or totally unknown because you are "lazy" as you have said before?

I think caves need less of a tunnel feel. This means being wider and less tall and having a more rocky, cliff appearance.

Dang too fast. So basically you want the cave from the video. (Wow I missed a lot of posts above... smaller?)

Mostly relevant to anything going on in the thread, you've seen it. If somebody posts an idea that I have something on, I post, if somebody posts a bit of derail that I have something on, I post. As much fun it is to chat, I do like to be on the main topic. And I'm not racing, I just have a (serious) problem with forum posting, I do it a lot. I find my amount of posts funny, idk why. /please end of derail lol

So Dunk, can you explain what you want to do with caves or is it classified or totally unknown because you are "lazy" as you have said before?

I'm not really sure.

Now that I look back on previous cave experiences, they are generally wide with a flatter ceiling along with walls with micro cave pit on the ramparts and bottom side edge part things with stuff. Huzzah for Organ Cave and Lost World Caverns in the middle of nowhere!