Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cnumartyr

Exploring Leather and Mechanical Power

33 posts in this topic

One mod that I always enjoyed and I feel would work really well with TFC is Better than Wolves.

It's not overly crazy, not super easy to advance in, and could teach us some neat lessons.

Some things I would love to see added would be the addition of mechanical power through Wind mills and Water wheels. Want to make bread? You better grind that wheat into flour. Want a really hot forge? Attach a bellows to the wind mill and let it power itself!

In addition it'd be fun to add "tiers" of Leather Armor. First I think the current animals drop way too much. I would cut it in half.

Next we would be able to make tiers of leather armor. The first being our plane old leather armor.

Next up would be tanned leather armor. It would have to be placed above a fire pit or something to try it out and treat it. This armor would provide a step up from Leather.

Boiled Leather would be made by taking tanned leather armor and placing it in a cauldron with a bucket of water. Boiled leather would be a step up from tanned leather armor and required for making any metal based armor. Why? You don't just wear metal directly over skin. You had to have some padding.

Lameller Armor - Put 4 pieces of boiled leather together along with 2 pieces of string and you get 3 pieces of Lameller Scale. The scale can then be used to craft Lameller armor which would be a step up from copper armor but not as good as Iron.

I'd also like to see an upgrade to arrows. We can have rock tipped arrows and metal tipped arrows. We should have pointed arrows designed to do less damage but penetrate armor and broadhead arrows designed to cut flesh on unarmored targets (would do significantly less against armored targets).

Then we can put a torch and up to 10 arrows in our crafting table and get 10 fire arrows. They would be useful for about 30 seconds of game time before they extinguish and it would consume the torch.

I dunno, I was bored at work and thinking of ideas.

Leather will probably be getting an upgrade soon. I wish you guys would stop making suggestions related to agriculture until it's finished though.

Also, a lot of these are good ideas, but have been suggested before in other threads.

Leather will probably be getting an upgrade soon. I wish you guys would stop making suggestions related to agriculture until it's finished though.

I fail to see how making suggestions when things are in development is a "bad" thing. I understand the agriculture system, etc is getting a massive overhaul. With that attitude it would almost seem like we should only make suggestions on current game systems, anything not in the game might be in potential development.

Also, a lot of these are good ideas, but have been suggested before in other threads.

I would have expected it, but I ran through the directory in the sticky and the first 2 pages and didn't see much.

Imagine someone complaining about not getting a birthday party as you drove them to their surprise birthday party. That's why we don't like agriculture suggestions atm. 99% of the suggestions have already been implemented.

Imagine someone complaining about not getting a birthday party as you drove them to their surprise birthday party. That's why we don't like agriculture suggestions atm. 99% of the suggestions have already been implemented.

Oh dear .. Now I'm going to wonder which suggestions have already been implemented :L

You may not want to answer this question, but are you developing agriculture alongside the pre releases ?

I ask because I often wonder why there are relatively few agriculture updates in the pre's

That's the price you pay for a "surprise" birthday party. If you just told me we were on the way to the party I wouldn't bug you! :P

That's the price you pay for a "surprise" birthday party. If you just told me we were on the way to the party I wouldn't bug you! :P

Aw .. But I love surprise updates ! It's like a miniature Christmas :P

I can say this I guess: Agriculture is all programmed, we're just waiting on the textures to be finished (better thank rogue, because his tablet broke and he's giving us textures anyway)

I can say this I guess: Agriculture is all programmed, we're just waiting on the textures to be finished (better thank rogue, because his tablet broke and he's giving us textures anyway)

:D .. That is just fantastic ! I'm pretty damn excited now :P

On a hugely off topic note, the title of this thread (to me anyway) makes it look like a suggestion to bring a bit of s+m to TFC :L

On a hugely off topic note, the title of this thread (to me anyway) makes it look like a suggestion to bring a bit of s+m to TFC :L

yeah... that's not so good... lol

now I had the idea of a discussion thread to get on Dunk's nerves titled "A dream of Agriculture" where all we do is talk about what we think has been implemented from the suggestions.

(sub) on topic: I do agree that arrows could use some metal heads, but why do people think light producing arrows are so fun? maybe flame arrows to pillage a town with, but not a far reaching torch just for the sake of distance lighting (which seems fairly useless imo)

yeah... that's not so good... lol

Yep, not going to lie, I don't think I could take the game seriously after that :P

I covered metal arrows in my ranged overhaul suggestion (which you can find in the suggestion directory)

now I had the idea of a discussion thread to get on Dunk's nerves titled "A dream of Agriculture" where all we do is talk about what we think has been implemented from the suggestions.

(sub) on topic: I do agree that arrows could use some metal heads, but why do people think light producing arrows are so fun? maybe flame arrows to pillage a town with, but not a far reaching torch just for the sake of distance lighting (which seems fairly useless imo)

Fairly useful to light a cave you want to explore. Shoot arrows ahead of you.

Also the consideration I was thinking was catching wood housing on fire.

I don't like the idea of ranged firestarting, while it may be realistic, it sounds like the ultimate griefer weapon to me...

Grief talk should all be poured out in the kingdom thread. Pretty much impossible to agree on protection that isn't overprotection, but I digress

Then we can put a torch and up to 10 arrows in our crafting table and get 10 fire arrows. They would be useful for about 30 seconds of game time before they extinguish and it would consume the torch.

ummm, theres only 9 slots on the crafting grid so the max could only be 8 arrows

ummm, theres only 9 slots on the crafting grid so the max could only be 8 arrows

10 in a stack mate, one torch to a stack of 10 arrows, which should be a factor of whatever number of arrows are crafted at once anyway

Crafting as far as i know, does not concern the number of items in a stack sadly.

Crafting as far as i know, does not concern the number of items in a stack sadly.

It should, and if it's possible, it should be a high priority : at least that's what i think

Well, after trying to make a few custom recipes myself, the game's current coding does not allow for quantity based crafting, although that would be cool.

I am totally opposed to flaming arrows.

It should, and if it's possible, it should be a high priority : at least that's what i think

talks about running out of votes, wastes all of them on my fail suggestion thread •3•

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0