Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Devlin

New mob spawn system ideas

8 posts in this topic

Ok so I m going to post this mainly as a place for the community to put their ideas oh how hostile, neutral, and passive mods spawn. but i will also post my little idea. please feel free to post your own ideas and discuss every idea and opinion equally.

ok so my idea is that mob spawning should be heavily tied to height, biome and seasonal change. i have a few ideas for how to prevent mob spawning, first off is my torch idea. i do like the idea that torches run out but they can still be used as a part of the no spawn system. this can be achieved by adding a deactivated torch image, a simple state change like the redstone that can be reactivated with a flint and steel. so torches could be used not only to create light but to also create a no spawn zone, linked to whatever their light reaches, but still lasts after the torch dies out. that way you can just make sure your house is filled with torches and you are safe even if they go out.

my second idea is a player activated system. this one requires more work but is well worth the time spent because it can be used for many other systems later on. my idea is that player placed blocks, and only player placed blocks, not naturally occurring block updates. causes a small search for blocks to look around and see if there are walls and a roof. now there would have to be some creative way of not letting players just place down a block and insta clearing a cave of spawn locations but i feel it is a doable thing. maybe a combination of these two ideas to help balance the system out and make things easier on Bioxx? if combining these ideas makes it easier on him.oh and for fences, fences should create a "safe" location for your animals if you "complete the circuit" should also be applicable to rough terrain and building stables if horses are ever implemented other then through third party mods. Bioxx is basically building a whole new game why not do anything and everything that comes to mind? like horses. i want horses without having to install simply horses.

yes i know i have terrible grammar. partially due to how tired and rushed i am. and the fact that i really do not care as of right now whether i have perfect grammar. just so long as you can read this.

also for those who are going to post, if anyone does post, here's hoping, please do not come on here and start tearing apart everyone's ideas, please be constructive and help make the ideas better, or better yet just post your own idea. you are only being an asshole if you expect one person to think of everything and come up wit a perfect system.

Hostile mobs are being moved underground, and animals no longer randomly spawn except when a new chunk is loaded.

Hostile mobs are being moved underground, and animals no longer randomly spawn except when a new chunk is loaded.

yep lurk moar sir

attempts to upload this post: 17

attempts to upload this message about how many times it took to upload the post: 13

attempts to upload this post: 17

attempts to upload this message about how many times it took to upload the post: 13

ah well it seems you need a new hamster to run your internets

or a fresh potato battery

yeah.... that sounds like a terrible compromise, it has way to many limitations, presents more problems then it is worth and well. not everyone can be happy with this decision, i certainly am not, so i just posted this so people can give their ideas and maybe come up with a much better system. personaly i hope that that system is only a place holder until a new one can be made.

ah well it seems you need a new hamster to run your internets

or a fresh potato battery

I prefer a combination of lemons and chipmunks who have a diet that consists solely of pixie sticks

As it seems this post has died before it started, I'll just leave this here.