Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
warfighter67

For the SSP players...

31 posts in this topic

Hypocritical, but please edit posts to save space. :D

Yeah, I know how to edit. I'm just being lazy, lol. I'm also used to MC forums how they auto-edit double posts and combine them. :D

Indeed I'm being hypocritical. But this discussion can not continue until you answer my question. You still have not answered it!

Indeed I'm being hypocritical. But this discussion can not continue until you answer my question. You still have not answered it!

Was this the question?

I'm just getting frusterated here. Either I'm not combating my point correctly or you're not listening.

So in order to understand you're train of thought better, why do you grow crops? And why do you need them fully grown?

I want to grow crops so I can experiment with agriculture in a reasonable timeframe. 30-60 hours is a pretty reasonable amount of time to dedicate to single playthrough, but in that timeframe, I would only be able to experience a single harvest or two. To compound that, I wouldn't get to experience the changes to ranching and animal breeding. The purpose of this game is to struggle, survive, thrive, create, right? Well, the metallurgy part of the game isn't the sole part of the sandbox that forms TFC. Maybe it could be fun to play a hunter and just travel around, but I would personally much rather homestead and look over my herds of cattle, verdant vegetable garden, and rolling fields of grain. If that's not possible, I'm not as interested.

Now, my understanding of your point, and others who are saying similar things is that you can play the game without agriculture? Also, you say that part of your experience of TFC is informed by your experience with farming, so you're more accustomed to waiting for your crops to grow? I would like to ask too, are you playing this game in SSP at all? Are you playing on a server every day or every other day? Do you ever go for several days without playing? If you only play every several days, do you have shared crops with people on the SMP server you play on, or do you just let your crops wither or leave your crops fallow for a year or something?

There's no need for us to be tense about this problem. The goal should ultimately be a game we all like playing, and I think that's quite possible. I don't think any suggestion to fix the agricultural problem is going to affect the players for whom the game is already balanced, but it will really help the rest of us.

Was this the question?

I want to grow crops so I can experiment with agriculture in a reasonable timeframe. 30-60 hours is a pretty reasonable amount of time to dedicate to single playthrough, but in that timeframe, I would only be able to experience a single harvest or two. To compound that, I wouldn't get to experience the changes to ranching and animal breeding. The purpose of this game is to struggle, survive, thrive, create, right? Well, the metallurgy part of the game isn't the sole part of the sandbox that forms TFC. Maybe it could be fun to play a hunter and just travel around, but I would personally much rather homestead and look over my herds of cattle, verdant vegetable garden, and rolling fields of grain. If that's not possible, I'm not as interested.

that's a good point, ranching and such would be fun. But stuff like that takes patience.

Now, my understanding of your point, and others who are saying similar things is that you can play the game without agriculture?

no.

Also, you say that part of your experience of TFC is informed by your experience with farming, so you're more accustomed to waiting for your crops to grow?

yes

I would like to ask too, are you playing this game in SSP at all?

I have never, not even once in my life ever played minecraft on a server At all. Let alone TFC.

Are you playing on a server every day or every other day? Do you ever go for several days without playing? If you only play every several days, do you have shared crops with people on the SMP server you play on, or do you just let your crops wither or leave your crops fallow for a year or something?

no, no, no, and no! I never play SMP. I often go 4 days without playing. And when I do play it's only for a few hours at a tine. Fithermore I play on hardcore only. However I don't have a problem with how long it takes crops to grow.

There's no need for us to be tense about this problem. The goal should ultimately be a game we all like playing, and I think that's quite possible. I don't think any suggestion to fix the agricultural problem is going to affect the players for whom the game is already balanced, but it will really help the rest of us.

agreed

edited my replies In with Italiac.

Elustran said it better than I ever could. Maybe because I'm hard-pressed to even find the time to coherently write down my thoughts here, between school and all. :D

The thing is, though, you are still waiting for your crops to grow. The only difference is that, instead of 15-20 straight playing hours, you would log on for about 3-4 hours, do stuff in TFC, among growing crops, log off for work/school, and come back 8-9 hours later with crops that have advanced.

Perhaps, even, there could be such a thing as 'Vacation mode' in the MC options that will disable advancing while you are logged off, for instance, if you decide to take a break from MC, or are actually going on a long vacation.

The bottom line is that SSP players (I'm almost strictly SMP ever since I bought MC months ago) get thwarted from many aspects of TFC gameplay if they can't get on every day, or log on once in a while playing for a few hours at a time (a few hours is quite awhile... I usually only stay on for an hour or less).

Back before I bought MC, I had TFC beta 39. I had a really nice SSP world, but I was tired of not being able to see my fruit trees grow. You know what I did? I suckered up, trashed my cracked copy, and bought the game, just so I could play on a server.

Okay, I digress. I have a problem of going off into rants when I type.

Please note, Treyfix, that I apologize for the semi-personal bashes against you yesterday. I was in class and didn't take the time to think before I typed. xD