Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Devlin

A new thread for the forums, Mods

10 posts in this topic

this is not a suggestion for the game, instead it is a suggestion for the forums. i think that this overhaul has reached the point that it needs its own, mods thread, or addons or whatever you want to call them.

it would be a great boon to everyone, allowing people to have their own custom TFC experience and build their experience the way they want it. if they want dragons, there could be a mod/addon for that, if not don't get the mod. want magic, new brewing system or diffrent enchanting system then bioxx designs? some one can make a mod for that.

this will take some pressure off of bioxx and his team, allowing them to focus on the main functions, like agriculture and metal working, npc's and such. and those that want something like winches and pulleys can just mod it or find a mod for it. getting tired here so im gunna go before i start to ramble but i think i got my point across.

also feel free to add any ideas you would like someone to make into a mod here. hopefully we can get a mod community half as extensive as the actual minecraft forums. bioxx can't make everyone happy, and he should not have too. lets take some of the burrden off and add in the things we want ourselves and stop pestering bioxx and let him get back to focusing on making an awesome overhaul like he has been wanting to do.

best part. if he wants too add anything found in the mods/addon section, most of the work will already be done, all bioxx has to do is add in an updated whatever it is that mojang release so modders can actualy make mods.

so yeah TFC specific mods/addons, anyone else like this idea?

There's already a couple basic SMP mods for the game that Slink made custom for his own server. It's for this reason I played on his server for so long. If a mods section opens up he might openly share them.

a mods section on a forum for a mod....this just somehow doesnt seem right

If you take a look in the slopes thread, Dunk said that he doesn't want addons for TFCraft.

Also, Srg, like the new title.

I think this would be great for server owners, to customize their servers.

Too bad the devs shot this idea in the face.

They've gone over this before, they want to have control over the quality and content of their mod.

I think that's completely justified.

/thread

I guess no mods are fair. But little tweaks for SMP like the ones Slink730 has made should be encouraged. They are great.

The thing is, they can't really stop people from makeing mods to work with or to change tfc. They can however choose not to endorse those mods and not to release an api further aiding and endorsing plugins, tweaks, and addons.

A sub forum for mods or addons would basically mean that they are then endorsing the addons within, and they they would have to monitor changes to these addons constantly to ensure they keep with the theme and direction of tfc. It would mostly just be a big headach for them and they would waste time monitoring said addons instead of developing tfc.

Dunk has stated they want to keep control of tfc in their hands and its probably the approach I would take too. All that said all of the 'blahblahblah should be allowed because their great' in the world isn't going to make an addons sub forum appear.

Even if they don't support it, I still get the feeling it's gonna happen. I'd like to think of Terrafirmacraft as a mod, but at this point it feels like normal Minecraft for me. Vanilla feels like this simplified Terrafirmacraft I use to teach my kids the basics and get them ready for the real thing.

So that said, if they don't support secondary mods that is, of course, completely their choice as developers just as if Majong hadn't wanted mods. But I don't think it'll stop the community from making them over time, especially once this mod gets to a more stabilized place like beta 3 or full release.

FUCK NO.

I mean god dammit. I've been telling you guys for weeks: nonononononononononononononono. Seems like you're all deaf or some shit.

To be more specific, if you can code, you can mod the game, but distributing your modded TFC file or files to mod the TFC file (basically if the mod leaves your computer) is forbidden.