Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Devlin

Renewable water sources?

4 posts in this topic

yeah with agriculture on the way i thought why not talk a bitabout this, if this topic already has it's own thread just ignore this and lock it, i think i might have seen this in one of the other topic discusions but i don't remember it having it's own thread so yeah im starting it.

onto my idea, renweable water sources. easiest and simplest would be water basins you build to collect rain water, probabaly little to no coding needed there.

my big idea though is wells. deep wells that slowly refill with water. probably have to be dug a certain depth or into sedimentry rock. would be cool if they acted similar to many of the other buldable things like bloomery and forge. but this one counts amount of water it has accumulated and if you use a bucket on it, it fills it and removes some or the accumulated wated (yes i know my grammar and spelling suck, sue me.) it sould count amounts in buckets. so 1 is one bucket. 1.7 is one bucket and .7 of another. this number slowly ticks up over time but during rainy seasons and whenever else bioxx decides the water fills in faster. there sould be 2 or 3 diffrent types. hole wells. just a deep hole that fills in with water but the wayte is stagnant and dirty (most water should be like this that is found in lakes and ponds, rivers have clean water. give you a muddy bucket of water or something. then stone wells. probably needs to be made out of sedimentary stone to act as a natural filter for the water, gives you clean water as well. however clean water is not as safe as sterile. so heating water in a metal pot is a good idea. yeah allso asking for more metal pots that you can boil water with in the fire pit. food and water should not be allowed in the forge. also give bioxx an excuse to work on water features a bit more. like water barrels to use with the forge, barrels in general that can later be used to store certain food types. yes i have been play DF alot lately and some of these things im askng for are based n and inspired by DF.

so yeah, renewable water sources. anyone else have any ideas? anyother water sources they would like to see added like cactus or something? feel free to add and debate like usual

Water table simulation? Im all for it. The problem... and yep, its a problem, is simulating it based upon minerals in the area, depth, the local water cycle, player made environment, and a few others I have yet to name mostly cause im too lazy to use google.

Oh and for the record, Glad to see FenixR joined the Survivalist side. DOWN WITH THE TECH EMPIRE /Rebels4Life

Cauldrons in 1.4 will be able to get water from rain... i think?

Rain can already fill cauldrons up, in 1.3.2.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0